*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504436-the-whisper
by wojak
Rated: · Monologue · Dark · #1504436
in the last hours of his life one man is about to learn, the dark truth to his faith.
the whisper

I am the son of your self-awareness and the father of your collective unconscious. mine is a long story my friend,I've been with you from the very beginning. let me tell you about my journey, i was born at the very moment of mans awareness, a spark that lit my birth. at first i was but a child feed from your curiosity, taking form from your superstitions thousands of years i was but a feeding worm, living off the scraps of your mind then i understood i had to form your beliefs for me to live.
for countless lives i have shaped mankind for my own survival,making you believe in your god, for there is nothing but my whispering. i need the weakness of your fear of death, for i fear oblivion more than any mortal creature. not all men may hear my words, i need the weak, ill or corrupt mind to fill my will. you will know me by my oldest of names that of Yahweh, i am the greatest of all the deceivers that have formed from your unconsciousness.

i am the son of the tribe now known as the Israelites, i and i alone moulded their thoughts for i will stand no other so called "gods" to feed from my table. it was me that told Abraham to sacrifice is son Isaac so i could sustain my own being.
early in our history there where many more of us, too many feeding. i it was i that had Moses drive out the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittes and Jebusites from their homelands, for me that 60,000 men, women and children where slain in my name. baal was the earliest rival at my table and i will not rest till there is only me. i am the master of deception, the breeder of lies and greatest of my lies is Joshua, oh how i waited for the right man to come along and that man was Paul. i whispered so sweetly to him, its easy to guide people when power is their main aim in life. you talk of shepherds, he was the biggest of sheep in my flock. every so often some of my children lose their faith, then i have change my tact. Mohammed was the one to put the cat amongst the pigeons, so to speak. can you imagine my gluttony from the crusades,the first epoch of my power.

you may find this strange but in the two great wars i weak, the northen shadows where once again feeding well, after a thoound yrs of just barely being they where back, taking what is mine. men were fighting for idea's or worse rivels. the men that put hitler in placed served my displaced foes. it wasn't till after the war that the flock was once again singing from the the right hymn sheet, mine.


I don't care what you do, only that it is in my name, to feast is all i want. even when all logic tells you there are no gods, you turn to me with prayer. not knowing i hear but will never answer,cannot answer for i have no control in your fait. you are wondering why i am telling you all this now. you don't have long for this world Karol,lying in the darkness only my voice to keep you company. i wanted you to in your final hours that there is only the pages of history for you Karol, but don't despair it will be a peaceful sleep but only that........

© Copyright 2008 wojak (wojak219 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504436-the-whisper