*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504487-Chicken-Escapes-Hen-House
by James
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1504487
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Earlier this morning at approximately seven, a chicken escaped from a hen house and was seen by many locals on Highway 62. The chicken was last seen stopping cars trying to get to the other side of the road.

Sam Peck, the owner of the hen house was aggravated by these events. He says, “My chickens have always been trying to escape the hen house. I knew it was only a matter of time before it would actually happen.”

Peck’s wife, Henrietta, (she calls herself Hen for short) says that Sam always locked the chicken gate. Now, gate was ajar. Hen Peck thinks someone could have been involved in letting the chicken run.

Her prime suspect is a military man by the name of Colonel S. Darkmeat. She has filed two complaints already for him having on his sander on too loud. In a previous complaint, Mrs. Peck said, “that Colonel’s sander’s on too loud!”

Though Hinny obviously has something against this man, there is no sensible evidence that shows he let the chicken out. For now, the chicken hasn’t been found, but a search is currently ongoing. One question is swirling in everyone’s mind: Why did the chicken cross the road?

© Copyright 2008 James (helmer1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504487-Chicken-Escapes-Hen-House