*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1505301-hillary-our-nes-sec-of-state
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1505301
article for my school newspaper i am new at active writing please give pointers
The world was not ready for a female president but that did not stop Hillary. On December 1st she made history by accepting Obama’s nomination for her to be his secretary of state. Word of Obama’s pans for nominating Hillary as the secretary of state were know to the public but nothing was official. The Huffing post states “this will transform a once-bitter political rivalry into a high-level strategic and diplomatic partnership.” After accepting the nomination Clinton will have to relinquish her position as New York senator, any news of her replacement is still pending.

Many people have different opinions regarding Hilary. Some think that she has a biased opinion toward the Israeli-Iran issue. Hugo Jaime a graduate of Thomas Edison stated “In her previous comments, especially as senator, she has shown a marked bias towards the Israeli stance.” “Hilary has been very hawkish; this attitude is not a good starting point for dialogue and conciliation. Others are very supportive, Victoria Green a senior at Thomas Edison states “It is good that she has a position that she can actually work with. Like she did not win the election but she still gets to be in office, and she balances Obama out.” “I expect her to do her job well and to keep the countries best well being in mind.” Another Hilary supporter Naziat Zaman a Senior at Stuyvesant High school states “Honestly, I think American foreign policy is not going to change very much but I do believe relations with foreign countries will improve since the bush administration because Hilary is very popular on a global level.”

On a lighter note Amy Poehler returns to SNL as Hilary Clinton with another skit as Hilary Clinton. "Like the South, vampires and Britney Spears, we will rise again."
© Copyright 2008 lexikun (areksukun17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1505301-hillary-our-nes-sec-of-state