*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1505417-Essence-of-Fire
Rated: · Poetry · Other · #1505417
fire and personality you figure it out
Essence of Fire

I open my mind to the fire.
I open my eyes to see you engulf in flames, yet you do not burn.
Instead you become more of something I do not know.
I open myself to the fire that is you to feel the heart flaming in response to your exquisite kiss.
I know I miss something, its a thought I cannot deny when I look in your eyes past the fire of your dreams that live there.
I look beyond, farther into you I go to finally see the color of you.
The richness of you in this smoky haze. I cease to be amaze by the strength of your soul. I am compelled to retort to the affliction I see there.
I see past the person you once were and can never be again.
Your laughter is so deep and sonorous that I know there is a well in you.
Like the fire you breathe, there is nothing to fill you up inside.
I come back to the surface, away from the heat to look at your face.
You are a book that longs to be read not knowing that you are a piece of art.
I open myself to the many flames that I find lingering in the deepest parts of you.
Your passion is enlighten to the parts of me that quiver when I know your heart is alive making a crazy song for me to hear.
I know there is more to you than the essence of fire.
I know the cool shallow ponds that lay out in the open.
I know how your angel gets its wings, saving you from the darkest hours of time that is hallowed in your eyes.
Those eyes that gleam, spark as though they're flint, a sandy piece of stone.
Why do you feel so alone?
In the pleasures of fire you could only a lay a finger on to your dreams.
I know the fire, the essence is strong, a brick is solid made to last.
While this something is quick on its feet.
I see how it swims, floats itself among the empty areas of deadwood.
A raging inferno it can be if it overtakes you.
I know how it moves like an angel its floats, too late you are its prisoner of undetermined fate.
I can save you only if you love me.
© Copyright 2008 poet2write (peace2u at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1505417-Essence-of-Fire