*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1505939-A-Kiss-From-A-Vampire
by Katie
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1505939
Rosa's family of witches are the only non humans in town.Until a group of vampires come.
As I was running down a dark alley trying to escape them, the only thing I could think about was death. I was running as fast as I could and they were just walking, taunting me. I couldn't use my magic for some reason so I was just screwed all together. I saw the light at the end of the alley just straight ahead of me when one of them appeared in front of me. Their pale skin and red thirsty eyes staring back at me.

"No!" I screamed waking up to the sound of my mirror vibrating on my dresser.

I couldn't believe the dream I just had. It was awful. I just ignored my mirror until it quit, figuring it wasn't anything important. I was glad it woke me up though. I did not want to go through anymore of tat dream.

It was only about 10 minutes before i had to start getting read for school so I decided I would go ahead and get up. My mom was already making breakfast when i went into the kitchen.

"Eggs again," I thought to myself.

My mom was all about doing things the old fashioned way instead of using her magic. She was always excited to try new mortal things. but cooking was not her forte.

"Hey honey would you like some eggs?" my mom asked me.

"No thanks. I think I'll just make some toast."

I didn't want to hurt her feeling by not eating them, but I really didn't feel like throwing up this morning.

"Something smells good?" my dad kind of questioned as he walked in.

"I made eggs," my mom said excitedly.

"Uh...I think I will just have some cereal."

"What's wrong with everybody they are not that bad," she said while taking a bite even thought she spit them right back out.

"OK maybe the dogs will like them."

After the long hectic morning I finally made it to school. That morning I got a text from one of my friends saying that the press box at the school's stadium caught fire. I didn't know if I should believe it or not. I thought people were being stupid but I was wrong, because whenever I walked into the building the only talking I heard was about the fire. I just tuned the people out and talked to my friends. I really didn't care about the whole fire thing. It was just about stupid people trying to get attention.

"Hey Rosa," my best friend Cher said.

Yeah she was named after the Cher. her mom was obsessed with her music when she had her.

"Hey Cher what's going on besides the whole fire thing?"

"Well we have a test in 1st period History that I forgot about and I was kind of hoping you could make Mr. Scott forget it too."

Cher was the only one of my friends that knew about my magic. We've been best friends since 4th grade. She's basically part of my family and I know I can trust her with anything.

"I think I can handle that cause I didn't study either and I'm not about ready to fail another one of his dumb test."

"Because he wants us to do our best, make him forget about the test," I said as I concentrated on Mr. Scott.

I am still in Witches School, so I have to actually say spells to cast them or if I don't know them then make something up. When I'm finally 18 and graduate from Witches school I can simply just think of something point my finger, and cast the spell the easy way.

"Hey Rosa I had a dream last night that you were in my bed so how about we make that happen tonight," Brandon said sarcastically.

"Hm how about not unless you wanna deal with both of my brothers beating the shit out of you."

That got him to shut up. People knew not to mess with the Gomez's here. They knew how tough my family could be.

The minute bell snapped me out of my thought and we had to rush to class.( Not really thought cause neither one of use cared if we were really late or not) One of the teachers, Mr Smith, was shouting in the hallway at everybody. It was pretty funny.

"You better get to class you're going to be late. You will fail your class and then you'll fail at life."

"Can you believe him?" I whispered to Cher as we passed him.

"I heard that Ms. Gomez. You better have your math homework done today," he said yelling at me.

"Yes sir," i yelled back mocking him.

When we got in the class everybody was laughing at this dumb jock who was late to class and trying to get in through the window before Mr. Scott came in. Most people in the class are preppy girls or jocks. I was just happy I had a couple friends in here.

Later on after school when I had finally gotten home, my parents were really upset with me. I could tell because the looks on their faces were very serious.

"Rosalina Maria Gomez I can't believe you," My mother said using my full name when she was really angry with me.

"What did I do?"

"Why didn't you look at your mirror this morning. I checked it about half and hour ago and it had a very important message. I gave you that because I thought you were responsible."

"I'm sorry I was tired. But what is so important?"

© Copyright 2008 Katie (mansoup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1505939-A-Kiss-From-A-Vampire