*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506274-Introduction
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1506274
The new story I'm working on, just the introduction.
He laid her softly onto the bed, their lips never parting. His knees placed themselves on the two sides of her hips, his arms on the two sides of her head. Their lips moved in a slow and intense motion. Her right hand gripped the back of his head with a lock of his soft brown hair. His hand was under her neck keeping her head up.

Slowly he pulled apart and looked her in the eyes, "I have to go."

She stared back, attempting to hold the tears inside. "I don't care," she replied coldly. He sighed and pulled his leg over her, then laid by her side. He took her hand in his. She turned to him, "I don't want you to go." Silently, the tears began to roll down her cheek. "It's been almost a year, and I only get a few hours with you?" She stuck her face into his shoulder.

He used his other hand to stroke her head. "I'm so sorry. I know it's horrible. I missed you so much," He tried to keep himself from crying. The sight of her made him want to never leave her side. "I don't want to leave, you know that." She pulled up from his shoulder, leaving salty water on his shirt and her face. She nodded. Bile rose in her throat, not allowing her to speak. He whiped the tears staining her cheeks. "It'll be okay, I promise to come next summer. Your coming to Oklahoma the summer after that. I'm escorting you to prom and then we go to OU together. Everything is going to work out I promise."

She smiled for a moment, but it was slapped from her face. "That's a year between each time I see you. I can't wait that long. This year was hell."

He tried hard to keep his own misery from showing on his face. "I know, I know..."

For a few minutes, they laid there in silence, until they heard a car horn from outside.

"That's my mom..." He began to rise.

She grabbed his shirt, "No. You can't leave me." Tears streamed down her face. "You can't. Not again."

"I'm not leaving, I'm always going to be here for you, just not here in person." He touched his hand to her face. "I love you."

"I love you too." Her voice cracking. "I always will."

He bent over, kissing her gently on the lips. "I'll always love you no matter what. Don't forget it."

And he left.
© Copyright 2008 A Friend. (goodbyefornow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506274-Introduction