*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1507177-This-Mask-of-Yours-chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1507177
Scarlet's secret is in danger. Will she be discovered? Set in 1801
1801

I sighed with relief once I released. As I rested my head back down on the feathery pillow and conforter, my nerves registered the touch of Richard Crow, my client's husband, on my lower back. The feeling of his lips pressing on my shoulder rather annoyed me as the pudgy man was started to irratate me. However, he had seceeded in plessuring me just right. I smirked as he rested his head near mine. He played around with my hair softly before saying, "God lord, how I missed your presence..." He then kissed my neck before nibbling gently. I rolled my eyes. It was only day 3 in my assignment and already I had yet another wrapped around my finger. But, this night, thankfully, was all I needed for his wife to be convinced. What a shame that the master of a nice household would destroy his life's establishment to spend a mere few hours of lustful evenings. But then again, I had seen, and done, it all. So as I rose from the king size bed and gathered my things, I felt the greedy eyes of Richard follow with discustful yearning for more. However, I wasn't going to give him the joy of doing that ever again. At this thought, I grinned while placing my corset around my waist. At this point, I was a master of self dressing. Even with these cursed waist shrinkers. After that,I placed my panties on, then my low v-cut french dress on top if it all. I felt the hands of the master helping tie the straps of my silky blue dress. "You look lovely, Nira," commented Richard before removing some of my lushous black ringlets away from my long soft neck. "Thank you, Lord Richard," I lied. Truth be told, I was just a hidious being, hiding her true identity for the sake of a woman's right to know the truth of a man's loyalty. Sadly, they never could find out that I was really Scarlet and before they had time to figure it out, they were out of town, alone and scared of anyone finding out that they indeed were sinners. How cruel my heart really seemed, I thought as I reviewed my findings in the reflection the mirror offered. I truely was beautiful, and desirable. From my glassy bright green hews, to my hour glass figure, I could see why I alone was perfect for the job. Thus taking the job happily. However, I knew that one day I would burn in hell for the sins that I had, and will, commit. Until then, though, why not enjoy the fruitful plessure given with this cursed look?
With great joy, I parted with the master of the Crow houshold and escaped to my secret stallion lerking not far from the house. From there, I changed out of my dress and messingly dressed in some poor man's clothes I had tooken in one of my steamy nights. Though, knowing Mr. Lee, he was more then willing to exchange clothing. I cringed at the memory of his veil grin. As I placed the the ruffled cotton shirt that was 2 sizes large, and tucked it under my riding pants, I managed to wrap my long overcoat around my body and let my feet slip into my knee high ridding boats. Stuffing my dress into my large bag, I mounted myself on Pepper, my trusted steed and rode off to my meeting place with Mrs. Crow. No doubt, a divorce was on the morning horizon. So, as I placed my decreative mask that sheilded half my face, I just sighed with relief that after this night, I could retreat to a nice warm bath to wash away the feeling of Richard Crow.


"No No, over there. Remember, we have to prepare everything before 5:00 this evening, alright Lilian? And Charles? What are those? Those are not the cups I had wished to be set for the guests!" I insisted as my little servant corrected his mistake quicker then he could imagine. I just sighed as I walked through my grand home filled with frantic servants and planners. The grand ball of my father's birthday was only three hours away and preparation was hactic in the Lexior home. However, we were known to have the must exculsive and ravishing parties the city of Paris. So, in the end, I wasn't really frightful of the party being a disaster. I chuckled at the thought of father's face being utterly shocked if the family's name and title not holding up to his peers' and noblemen's expectations. Which was why I had ordered the best from Peirre Demont of my dresses, and sipped tea with the finest women in France. I guess you could say that I was exactly how my father had wanted me to be. Scarlet Lexior, Harper Lixior's beautiful, single daughter that any father, and lover, would desire to have by their side.But as I welcomed the a small band of musicians into the Lexior estate, I noticed that my dear friend, Lady Willow Markmen, had a grave face that only meant one thing. My true identity was in danger. "I'm sorry to have come to you at such an inconvinant time, but I have some rather grave news to share that regard Zaya," whispered Willow in my ear with a hesitant expression. Her icy blue eyes flickered from place to place in hopes that no one heard her words that stabbed me in the nerves. I placed my hand softly to her shoulder and guided her to my private study. "Come, we must speak this in private.." I muttered as I turned my head at my surroundings. So far, my paranoia was started to comsume me. Perhaps the reath of God had finally caught up with my sinnful little self. However, I wasn't going to give in without a fight. "Now, what's this of Zaya?" I asked once we were in the secret walls of my private study. I watched Willow seat herself across from my office and noted that she was looking rather lovely that day, but I wasn't goig to let that fact distract me from her news. Willow, a single woman such as myself, had been my dearest friend since our years together in finishing school. It was there, that I grow close, and it was now, that I was eternally grateful to the father above for bring me such a bond with Willow. It was times like these, were my secret, my life, were in danger, that Willow would always confort me. Even after she discovered my secret of making and finding dirty little lies for noblemen's wives, she still stayed by my side. Encoraging me and guiding me in times that I felt discustful and dirty. So, as she began to speak, I prepared for her caution. "Scarlet, Mr. Leon, the owner of the pepper factory is on to you...." she began softly with a innocent face. "I heard from Blair that his wife has heard about Mrs. Crow's cheating husband. How he was discovered in his adultry through a source. A masked woman named Zaya... Well, appearently, Mr. Leon is good friends with Mr. Crow and they have decided to investigate on searching for the true identity of this masked woman!" rose the girl's voice an octive higher. She then stude from her seat and walked alittle close to me. "Scarlet, what if they find out! They're planning to hire someone to find you! Please, you have to stop this before--" She pleaded before I placed a soft finger on her full lips. I cooed with a soft whisper as I gazed into her eyes. Then her face. She was indeed lovely and very tempting. As were her lips. However, I wasn't about to start that. Even though I knew just how much she wanted me to. So, I just embraced her and craddled her before kissing the top of her forhead. "Thank you, Willow. You don't have any idea just how much I'm grateful for you," I whispered before releasing her and straightening my dress and posture. I then smiled. "I will take care of that little problem, alright?" I said softly before guiding her and myself out the room and out into the nearly finished ball party. All that was left was for me to prepare, and to let the guests pour in. Dispite the anxious news, I was still going to enjoy this evening. As I turned to face my dear Willow, I asked, "Care to help me prepare?"


Bliss and jealousy. Enjoyment and lust. Courtousy and haughtiness. These were the things I sensed as I approuched the grand stairs that lead to the party below. Gazes from both men and women thrilled my senses and the classic tones playing harmonically in the background only added to my grand entrance. The announcer, smiling, pronounced, "Scarlet Lexior, Harper's eldest daughter." Clapping soon came after my name and as the steps grow less in numbers, I witness suiters and gentlemen waiting to court me in a dance, which in the center of all the laughter and chatter, was taking place. Dancers and all alike twirled with the music's beat and tune. I hummed to the tune I grew so fond of as I let my hand fall upon a tall and handsome gentleman that, with cockiness, lead me to the dance floor. I curtsied and he bowed before talking my hand and engauging us in the the blend of twirling couples. Above us hung a grand chandalier that made the room glow. It was really amazing just how being in the Harper home set a magic tone to the aging but elegant structure. It was almost as if we were meant to be entertainers. Course, I didn't mind that. But, on that day, on the party, I meet the very man that was determined to destroy my image. And possible, my life. However, as I turned the corners of of my feet to make a perfect twirl, I didn't realize that this handsom man knew more then me. My mind was far from my job at the time. Of course, the young gentlemen dancing with me was gracious in reminding me with a whisper. "I know your secret, Ms. Scarlet Lexior..." he breathed in my ear as he dropped his head slightly. At that moment, I began to flirt with the very danger named....
© Copyright 2008 ViNtAgE (vintagegirl161 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1507177-This-Mask-of-Yours-chapter-1