*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1507739-Vampires-itw----Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sherry
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #1507739
In a world thrust upside down, a vampire is forced to prove his "innocence."
Chapter 2.



The lady looked the man who had entered the hotel room with them. A man of stature and culture. She looked at him, and decided to speak.

“you sure you’re not trying to rip us off?” she had said. What came out sounded stupid, but she had to say something. Something fitting to compliment the fact that she wasn’t that smart, and thus knew what lazamar was up to.



“Lazamar is a murderer, and a thief,” agent Worloch had said. “he’s slime.” He was trying to convince an already fired up crew of professionals sitting in the board room, thinking of how to go about arresting a criminal that had gone around murdering his own clients. Even though lazamar had been incredibly careful, he was watched with the utmost discretion.  The people at the bureau were investigating Lazamar. There wasn’t enough evidence on lazamar though. it seemed as though some of clients did disappear, but  there were still so many incredible holes to actually pin his face on a most wanted list. The people, the clients were businessmen that stayed off the books. This circle of businessmen dealt in everything from arms to drugs. Lazamar was the one targeted by the FBI, because of the clients that disappeared. Vanished, some say, into thin air. Nobody knew where they were, where they went. But some evidence, albeit circumstancial, pointed fingers at Lazamar and his enterprise. Lazamar, even though he bought his protection and discretion from the police officers of manhattan, failed to swerve some officers from their honesty. Lazamar would later think that they would do this only to further their career, take his money, and casually walk away. Little that they know that they would indeed be meeting an end suiting their own “dishonesty.”



julian faked a look of utter surprise as the person standing before he struck out at her friend. Still in control, she had thought. But something happened that surprised her even more. Before the mere inklinking of a thought to react, lazamar was at her side. The other fbi agent had gone down hard, and she tried to scream. A scream, rather whimsical, escape her lips.



The agents were trying to “trick” the target into doing business with them, and even though lazamar hardly ever dealt with new customers, they were hoping for the best of an outcome that would put their “host” to jail. There was some circumstancial evidence against lazamar, but never enough to throw the book at him. They tried gathering intelligence on lazamar, had been working for over a year to get close enough to him to have him on record for the illegal activities and practices he was involved in. those two agents were completely on their own, and had to conduct and do what they had to do without the slightest bit of backup. All previous efforts of actually trying to have lazamar bite into a trap had failed, because he either failed to show up, or just became invisible to all of the people there. It was a mini “sting” operation” without the sting.

Julia was in some sort of sleep before she could react to anything that was happening around her. She lay there, in some deep sleep, conscious but asleep, without her motor abilities. She tried moving, but she stayed there. Finally, she felt the life force drain from her body, and went deeper and deeper into a feeling of weakness, until a final surrender into the dark sleep. The rooms were on fire, but she had felt cold. A last thought was a mere prayer of sorts: “I don’t want to die.” She had turned her cell phone on, with speed dial, right before they had entered the hotel room. She was doing what she did In hopes that somewhere during the entire scenario lazamar had spoke, so they could map his voice onto what they had on record. That would incriminate him for the business deal they were going through, and gather evidence and a case against him that would put him to jail for the longest time.



Julian, an agent, had worked at the FBI for a few years before being assigned this case. She was being very cautious about how she was trying to approach the lazamar case. Her sister, angela was working on the paperwork for this case. The legalities and such. She had tried getting on this case earlier, and almost succeeded, but it happened that the there really wasn’t that much attention being focused on Lazamar at the time. The focus grew over time, however, and it actually turned out that this could be one of the bigger cases the FBI could ever do. It was actually very interesting of a fact, how the case’s intention grew over time. Julian worked on the case but never really did give it her full attention. Having multitasked a few cases, she inadvertently made a mistake by going to tonights meeting unprepared. No wires, no backup, just another agent. They would have thought this was an intitial “run of the mill” operation. Little did they know that they would end up dead.

Angela screamed and cried that night, when she heard her own sisters untimely death. she was distraught, and blamed herself, for not having briefed Julian on the case. She was trying hard to overcome thoughts of regret, and the unavoidable what-ifs of the incident. Angela, angered, sat down and stared at a case file photograph of lazamar. The photograph were bathed in the tears of her loss. She swore revenge and cried herself to sleep that night.



© Copyright 2008 Sherry (sherryafzal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1507739-Vampires-itw----Chapter-2