*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1508530-Crossing-Over
by Chikee
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1508530
A story about accepting the realties of life
David Mitchell stood by the window watching and waiting for the 5 minutes that he had, he would only get 5 minutes from his hell to step in to the normal world and even in that time he could only see her, today he was watching her dance in the snow, who was she he didn’t know why did he only got to see her he couldn’t answer these questions, all he knew was he loved watching her dance on the snow, everyday for 5 minutes he would get to see her dancing with joy and then as soon as the 5 minutes were up his world started to be a blur again.
He was a scientist of the 21st century, a scientist whose experiment had gone bad and costed him his freedom, he wanted to win a noble prize, his obsession was time he wanted to understand the mystery of time, he didn’t wanted to time travel or make a time machine all he wanted was to freeze time some way he wanted to take out a way where people could have the choice to live in the past, present and future ever they chose ,he had lost his wife Katherine , his friends his parents everyone that he ever cared about due to his obsession ,everyone thought he was crazy ,his wife left him 3 years ago for another man because she couldn’t keep up with him ,little did he knew that this obsession of his would take him from the normality of the world. He knew this was punishment from GOD because he was trying to understand a mystery that GOD had created he was trying to make the impossible possible but now he had become the prisoner of time ,he was stuck in between 3 worlds the past the present and future he was living all the three at the same time, he had stopped counting the years because he couldn’t possibly keep track of the time ,he saw numerous faces and things in a blur in his world he knew he was lost there was no way out of this.
Sara Carter was also a prisoner she was a patient in a asylum she had been here for 5 years, her husband had left her there, the doctors told her she was disillusion they called her a nut case because she still could see and talk to her son mike, he had died while he broke off his neck during a skating dance competition but to her he was alive she could see feel him, in her 1st year  over at the asylum Timmy her husband had visited her but then after some time his visits stopped, it seemed liked the only living relative she had  given upon her ,She had herd he was with some woman from his office.
Every day she would get 10 minutes to be outside from the asylum she then would go with mike in the snow he would skate and she would dance with joy of being with her son, a year ago while she was dancing she saw a glimpse on the other side of the river of a man watching her he had a beautiful smile on his face but he seemed lost but she could only see him for 5 minutes and then he would disappear in those 5 minutes she could not feel see or hear mike, she didn’t tell it to her attending nurses or doctors because then they would call her more crazy and her medications would be increased and she would not get her lovely 10 minutes of freedom.
Mike didn’t knew how to let go of this world he knew he was dead he was a ghost to everyone except to his mother, he wanted badly to cross over for her sake but she couldn’t let him go and until she let him go he couldn’t cross over he loved his mother very much but he hated to see her in the pain she was because of him. He knew he had to find some way for her to accept the reality.
David knew in his heart the woman he watched everyday was in pain some how he had visions of freeing her from her misery but how could he do that he was himself a prisoner.
He could feel her, she was the only human contact he could see, beside her he always saw a boy who was white as a ghost and had a painful expression on his face he could see the resemblance of the boy and the woman ,he could tell the boy was dead and she was his mother.
Sara had the same dream of that man she saw everyday while she danced, she saw he was reaching out to her telling her to let go off mike.
David knew he had to help her, he knew the boy was answer to the woman’s freedom, he started working on a plan he knew he had to cross over in to the normal world.
Mike had found out the answer of freeing his mom, the answer was the man across the other side of the world he didn’t knew how he got this notion in to his head but he knew like him she could see the man too and when she saw him she couldn’t see mike, he had found the answer through Angelica the Angel of Guidance. 
David watch in awe she was dancing again and then she suddenly stopped and looked at him and said “are you for real?”, Yes I am David cried but you see I m stuck between time and the only person who I can see is you and I know you are my answer from my escape from here and then their time was up.
After that they saw, talked daily they got to know each other better daily, they got to know each other’s fears, hopes and dreams, Sara shared with him how painful it was for her in the asylum and he told her what a mess he was in. She was
Now David was sure he had to get out of this place because he was in Love with Sara he never have even loved Katherine this badly ,he started praying was hoping against hope for a answer when Mike appeared beside him, you! David said? What and how come are you here no one can come through in my world, I can answered Mike listen I know how you can get out of here and I know how you can free my mom as well she loves you very much and wants to be with you but in order to do that she has to let go of my soul and accept that I am dead ,how asked David, You would have to make my mom cross over in to this world by building a bridge of time between the two worlds and I have to be here to replace you and after doing that I can cross over in to the Land of Dead, Please tell me more said David, I cant my time here is up now said Mike and then he vanished in to thin air, a bridge of time thought David oh Lord helps me please and then he knew the answer he had to let go off his obsession about time he knew now what he had lost and he didn’t wanted to understand the mystery of time he only wanted to go to Sara, The next day David waited for the 5 minutes desperately as he saw her dancing he gathered up all his work and burned them he truly accepted in his heart that time cant hold still, he didn’t wanted to freeze time or any moment because he knew that’s not how GOD had made it, time has to pass otherwise people can never understand the importance of life, this is how God wanted it to be.
As the documentation burned page by page David saw a bridge building up between his world and Sara’s, then he saw Sara hand in hand with Mike crossing over to his side she had tears in her eyes Mike had made her accept the reality that she could not be with him anymore and she had to let go of him but he would always be alive in her heart.
The minute Sara crossed over Mike smiled with peace and disappeared, he had finally crossed over in to this world, Sara eyes met David she knew she had found everything and had nothing to lose she jumped up in to David arms.
She could see the asylum building behind her and David could see that the snow flakes were falling over the ashes of his burned work and then the snow completely covered the mystery of time.
He held Sara with love and tenderness and both of them were free from their prisons.
They had left behind their worlds and now they have to start over in a new world accepting the facts, mysteries of life as they were without trying to understand their logic and instead of fighting them they have to face them together.
                                                                                                  .....................                                                            
Word Count: 1549
© Copyright 2008 Chikee (zahra_1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1508530-Crossing-Over