*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1508977-Gods--Devils-And-Then-Me
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #1508977
A vampire who see's the line between good & evil, but find this line is easy to cross.
My thoughts are still, my heart beats to a quarter note. Slowly bump, bump , bump… My eye’s shift from side to side, watchful of everything around me. My teeth seam on edge, ready to attack. Every inch of my being is on guard, my breathing is level. Little sounds seam to set my aggression on edge. My anger is at a breaking point, I can’t hold off much longer. My teeth drop anticipating the rush of blood running past them. My nervous are  sensitive now more than ever. My mussels tighten and release in a smooth motion. My thoughts are now rushing rapidly.  Looking around this quiet coffee shop, scouting a victim. The faces I see looking back are faces of mother’s , fathers and a preacher. These are not suitable for the hunt. I need prey with sin and stained soul. Unfortunately not one matches my preferences. The preacher ironically was the closest to  becoming my meal. I could hear his thoughts, they were wicked. A man of God, with thoughts like these. However, he is not right for me. The mother & the father are parents there thoughts and spirit is for there children. They have four of them two boys & two girls. I could not bare to take them away from the little ones.  My teeth are now retracting feeling the disappointment. They know that a meal is not here. But my mind tells me, wait you need the blood.  I sit and sit, nothing. The clock ticks away, a new face enters the room. A young man clean cut, all American. No reason to even listen to his thoughts. But still, my past experience with humans. It tells me to listen see into his heart, things are not always what they seam. I pear into his soul, gasping at what I find. His name is Shawn a junior in high school. A jock, dates the prettiest cheerleader. The whole nine yards. However Shawn has a terrible secrete. He likes little boys a lot. To much, it seams Shawn had been touching some kids he watches for a neighbor.  His sins will be judged when he dies. And he dies tonight.  My heart beat quickens at the thrill of a hunt. My nature is that of a hunter. I can not be swayed, my mind is set. My plan is to wait till late follow him to his car. And that’s were Shawn will die. He’s a large boy, beefy and stout. I have to do this right and end it quick. He’s big enough to cause a seen, and that’s the last thing I need. I want him down and quiet fast.  He looks very silent from here, he seams to keep to himself. However, I can see though his beaming smile & charm. I see into a place were no one can hind. Poor Nate the six year old boy who Shawn has been fondling. He dose not deserve the pain & suffering he has been bestowed. His innocence lost, taken by a monster. It’s a funny thing that man call’s me a monster. But is not someone who hurts and destroys children’s  dreams, a true monster? Perhaps we are both monsters in our own way, but I’ve never hurt a child nor a human who was truly innocent. I have the ability and the morals to discriminate. Shawn’s kind of monster is a dreadful one, one who needs to be extinct from this planet. I can not rid them of all of there demons, but I can weed out the garden. It’s time to move Shawn’s on the move. Time to act, time to plan, time to kill. I stand as slowly as I can, as to not make a commotion. He leaves the coffee shop and enters the parking lot. Its dark and deserted, perfect. I follow quietly behind him. Not making a sound. His large feet make loud thumping noises against the ground. Such a lumbering creature.

His breathing his even, his heart beat level for now. I follow him to a new sports car. Look’s as if Shawn’s family are wealthy.  Most likely well known in the community what a terrible thing to find out, there little boy is a pedophile. Almost makes me want to expose him instead of dispose of him.  But I need this as much as he dose. I make my move, quickly and deadly. Grabbing Shawn from behind. Pulling him to the ground. I sink my fangs into his tender neck. The blood runs over my lips. I am feeling everything as I drain the life from a worthless being. He is a meal for me, and I am his judgment day. How ironic he’ll never even know why or what happened to him tonight. He’ll be at the pearly gates, being banished to hell. I’ll join him there one day, but not to soon I pray. His face goes pale, his body limp. The last little sign of life fades from his eye’s. His heart goes still. I release him from my bite. I look into his lifeless eye’s, I see fear and confusion in them. The last emotion’s he ever felt. I oft wonder what my  last emotions shall be? Will I look afraid, or in pain. I have wanted to think that I might look peaceful. Like the corps do in the open caskets. But I know this will never be… There it’s done the boy is dead. Good bye to a pest, to a fly in my eye. To a demon, to a child named Nate. A monster, someone to fear. For me he was something to feast on. If the child Nate could meet me and know that I have slain his foe. I wonder would he call me hero? Or would he call me devil….

© Copyright 2008 Scar'let (vampireshy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1508977-Gods--Devils-And-Then-Me