*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509145-Stars
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1509145
The night sky is beauty.
For the most part living in the middle of nowhere is pretty boring. Anything of entertainment is at least 30 minutes away if not more. I can't say that I'd rather live in the city though. Other than the convenience of establishments of varying subject being near,  I detest the cities.  One reason  is all the people. They're so dumb and so collectively EVERYWHERE. Masses of people clog cities like embolisms of stupidity. In the lovely nowheres of the world people are places sparingly about and solitude is never far away. Solitude evokes contemplation and in contemplation I find an enduring task so I figure living in a desolate land, void of bustling life isn't so boring after all. Although I can't help but make that statement often. Everywhere one is brought to view city life and dramatic situations that seem fulfilling. You never see a sitcom about a lonely soul on a hilltop watching the clouds pass lazily by. No, that is considered boring. We're all conditioned to think of the mindless cities, full of idle pass-times to fill one's day as a good thing, a sign of fortune upon a tiny little town and a rolling country side. So when the developers build their communities, their malls, their fast food joints the people they step over and build on welcome them, for they bring dollars and of course money buys happiness. I despise the city's ever present encroachment on the untouched, beautiful lands of the world. Let the forest stand. Let the animals romp. Let the grass grow. Let the air be clean and the nights be dark. The one thing I hate the most about cities is their luminescent nights. I was under the impression that once the sun had set and the moon arose that darkness was to prevail over light. Artificial light sets the populous lands a glow and drown the natural night lights with their preternatural leer. The nights are dark and the stars reign the darkness in a natural setting free of artificial lighting. Looking up to the sky on a clear night one could wonder why anyone would want to destroy the spectacular view from sight. One could wonder why anyone would pollute the night with un-natural light. The stars being so small because of their distance can hardly overcome and shine through the glare of a lit parking lot or a highway lined with street lamps and overflowing with automobiles that have many lights upon themselves. People have become so accustomed to these night lights they have thought of them to be necessary! On a clear night the stars alone offer sufficient light to make one's way through the night and on a night when the moon shines on the land one may even need sunglasses to shield themselves from its silver glow. If you've ever roamed the land in an un-light-polluted area with the moon hung in the sky and the numerous stars sprinkled around it for company you could wonder why you'd ever need a night light to guide you. Have you ever looked upon the night sky and tried to count the splash of stars? The attention to their vast numbers alone only reveals more stars. Stars so small and so faint that they may already be gone and their last rays in existence are quite faint. Looking closely at the net of woven lights in the sky the seem to multiply and manifest themselves throughout the sky until in seems not dark at all but full of twinkling lights that throw their beams into the night and cause it to glow. These little lights alone amaze and astound me. I love the nowheres of the land because of them and despise the cities for their absence there. I find the un-natural lights of the night appalling because of this. I can also see the day as unfavorable for this reason too. For the sun is the biggest light polluter I know. Perhaps I'll move to Alaska and live in the stars for 6 months...
© Copyright 2008 Nicht_Angebracht (verkehr_unrein at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509145-Stars