*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509215-A-long-days-journey
by Ayesha
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1509215
What life's journey is like to me.
The day has been long and toilsome. I cannot say it has been what I looked forward to when I started or something that I even expected will happen, but then some days could be like this.

What took off as an ordinary day stretched into a laborious journey filled with a labyrinth; a labyrinth of unwieldy twists and turns that seemed to lead nowhere----always bringing me back to where I started. Sometimes I feel like my life has become a full circle with no beginning or an end; it keeps making me go round and round.

Its not that this day had nothing to offer me; at first the twisted passages seemed intriguing and posed a new challenge that I enjoyed but then the walls started to shrink around me and I started to suffocate. I tried to keep going; tried to find my way out but there was no way out--isn't that what labyrinths are like?

Now I am tired and incapacitated. I do not have the strength or even the will to carry on this day's journey--this day that has seen thirty six winters. I want to go home except I do not know where the home is.
© Copyright 2008 Ayesha (ayeshaluqman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509215-A-long-days-journey