*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509550-Tell-me-what-you-know
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1509550
My eleventh editorial work, “Consolation of Philosophy” by Boethius.
Plato, his most famous pupil recorded the events for us in one of his infamous works. However, still today many remain ignorant of the main issue under the guise of “corrupting the young” was for many a scapegoat, for he was becoming a pest.

You see he would go about asking many Athenians, “Tell me about what you know.” This was to enlighten those who felt they were an expert or knew something about something.

Now at first glance, this seems rather mundane, since we are quick to retort, give me a specific question. Socrates did not. The old adage, “know thyself.” was his creed.

In keeping with my string, initially, I asked you to be able to respond with an unwavering assurance. Recall that, I asked and presented to you the issue of knowing what it is that you give and need, not desire, but need.

Please search yourself, do not become a victim of the “Peter Principle.” If you are unable to rise beyond this, you will remain entrapped within, and will remain groping and longing

Peace,

Bro Smith SGS

http:revelationinsight.tripod.com
© Copyright 2008 Shooster (shooster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509550-Tell-me-what-you-know