*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509705-The-Conductors-Concerto
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1509705
Even the most simple, mundane events in life can be majestic. What will you see?
Applause sounds in delight, anticipating the display to come; announcing to all the imminent wonder to behold. The curtain slowly, ceremoniously draws closed over stage and audience alike. Cameras flash, Heaven’s applause rumbles, and the show begins.

Eyes watch as the rain dances across the welcoming ground, the wind driving its fleet feet harder, faster; molding it, sculpting; His masterpiece. In all its grace and beauty it comes. The cameras of Heaven flash in feeble attempt to capture a moment of this performance as the trees bow in awe, swaying to the rhythm.

Thunderous applause resounds from the skies, praising His creation. The Earth drinks deeply of this awesome performance that brings essential life to all that exists on this Earth, ultimately brining a simple moment of beauty to this bleak land we exist in.

The Conductor painstakingly places every drop that dances down to bring a piece of Heaven to us. He rigorously times every beat of sound, unfailingly directs the rhythms of the wind and rain.

Only He holds the power to perform this display that either brings life for Earth to feed on, or destroys Earth in its powerful glory, too great for us to know.

Mesmerized eyes watch this drama unfold; a drama that is feared or delighted in, abhorred or worshiped. The ground shakes, demanding notice of its Conductor’s omnipotent power, and the rain dances on.

Unaware of the simple, yet intricately woven beauty, many of the audience leave; yet others go about their business, avidly oblivious. Yet a few eyes are held captive. They are few who know, love, and revere the power of this Author who takes care where He places the smallest drops of rain and directs each gust of wind. The smallest detail he places in perfect harmony.

He writes such loving pieces to give a soothing sound to an ear, a soul stirring performance, and a beauteous sight. Even the audience He has created, the audience He so loves. But many a time and again sound falls on deaf ears, the beauty on blinded eyes.

Then as suddenly as it began, it is over. The flash of Angle’s cameras move on, the applause of Heaven slowly dies down, and the dark, cloudy curtain is gently lifted. Life resumes without a trace of what was – almost. The caring Conductor leaves behind a spellbinding memory of the performance. The life it brought continues and the power of it remains in those who cared to watch, listen… believe.



7/5/06
© Copyright 2008 KristenT (kristent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509705-The-Conductors-Concerto