*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509730-When-In-Salem-Chapter-One-Part-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1509730
Kind of just randomly threw this one together in one night.. tell me what you think.
William, Salem, August
Underneath the stars, William looked around at the members of his coven. Their eyes were closed, their lips pursed in slient concentration. To his left was Amanda. Long, flowing, red hair; dark, puddle-of-mud, brown eyes; and being tall, even for a witch, made her the most beautiful witch in William's coven. . . and her beauty affected every warlock present. Every warlock except William that is. To William's right was his older brother, Ricahrd. William was taller than Richard, by at least half a foot, a fact that Richard resented in his younger brother. Richard's hair was blond, almost white, compared to William's jet black, almost shoulder length hair. William's teeth were perefectly straight and pearlescent, whereas his brother had needed braces for the past year and a half. William's eyes reflected the darkness that they both lived in, gray and deep. But Richard's eyes were green--almost no a point that they looked neon. But William having the better looks wasn't all that Richard wasn't happy about.
A year ago, when Richard had discovered that he had Powers, he had reasearched day in and day out. Eventually, Richard had discovered that he would become more powerful with a coven to back him up. So, Ricard set out to find other Witches and Warlocks in their hometwon of Salem. It took him three months, but through determination, he found Amanda, Rhett,and Summer. He tried to cast a powerful prosperity spell a few days after he had assembled the coven, but found that he was not their proper leader.
William had been only fifteen at the time, and Richard seventeen; so you can imagine their shock when William became curious and wanted to preform the spell with the coven while Richard was busy being angry and sulking in his room. As soon as he stepped in front of the ritual altar. William felt like he was at home and he knew exactly what to say and do. He hadn't even thought that he would become a warlock just like his brother, never even dared to think that he would one day LEAD his brother's coven.
And yet, here he was, eight months later, standing in front of HIS coven, leading a rememberance ritual on the anniversary of the night of the last Salem witch execution.
Moving clockwise around the circle, next to Amanda was Rhett, the happy one. He was always full of energy, and ran out of things to do quickly. His scragly blond hair reflected his bubbly personality, just like his sparkly hazel eyes did. He was kind of short, only taller than Summer.
Summer. . . William still wanted her. Every day since Richard had brought her to Whindom Estates, she had dominated his thoughts through most of the day. He had watched her ride his Father's horses through his bedroom window late at night while everyone else was alseep. He had listened to the cute way that she sang in the shower when she thought no one was listening. He had fallen in love with her. He loved the way her blond hair curled around her shoulders, back, and waist. He loved her Emerald green eyes and her pale, white skin. He loved everything about her.
And apparantley so did Richard.
Before William even had the chance to realize he had feelings for Summer, Richard had siezed what he thought was an oppurtunity and stole Summer before William got one more thing that Richard couldn't have.
Everyone knew that Richard was going to get tired of William one day and crack.
They just didn't know that it was going to be today.
William looked around the circle one more time before lighting the Rosemary clasped in his hands with the fireplace matches he had brought from the Estate. Rosemary was William's favorite herb to burn. It ensured protection and clearer thinking.
And, sure enough, as he liad the burning herb in an ivory bowl on the ritual table, a thick red band of glowing light surrounded the circle.
"May this magical shield protect the members of this coven," said William, his voice magically echoing around the entire circle.
Will slowly picked up his bowl of blessed oil and walked to Amanda. He traced a pentagram on her forehead then lowered his hand to hers.
"May this witch be protected in her quest for love, happiness,and power."
He brought her hand to his lips and pressed them gently against her cold skin.
Next, he moved to Rhett, and placed his fist over his heart after tracing the pentegram on his forehead.
"May this warlock be protected in his quest for love, happiness, and power."
Rhett bowed his head for a moment, then returned his hand to his side.
Next was Summer. Will always enjoyed invoking protection spells with her the most. Her smile was always the brightest of anyones when they were casting a circle.
As Will stepped in front of her and traced the pentagram on her forehead, she closed her eyes and held her breath. Will's had dropped and laced his fingers between hers. Just the touch of her skin sent shivers down his spine and he longed for more. . . a hug. . . a kiss. . .
He almost lost his concentration and ruined the whole ritual, but he knew that would spell disaster. So instead he just spoke the ancient words while Summer grinned up at him. He gently kissed her hand, lingering only for a moment.
Then he came to Richard, whoose lips were pressed together in a thin line, his eyes set forward to a spot on the hill behind Will. Even though Will felt like Richard did not deserve proper respect, he put his fist over his heart and repeated the ancient words for a fourth time. Richard grudgingly bowed his head for a moment then dropped his hand to his side once more.
Will made his way back to stand in front of the ritual altar again.
"We are gathered here tonight to honor our brothers and sisters who were murdered because they were a part of the Magical Brethren Court," boomed Will's voice, his nervousness showing through. This was his first rememberance ritual and he wanted it to be perfect.
© Copyright 2008 Cassie LIttle (cassielittle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509730-When-In-Salem-Chapter-One-Part-One