*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509763-Blood
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1509763
Bill is a vampire. He and his friend Andi drink blood to survive, but at what cost?
Imagine living in a world where everyone was your enemy, a world where no-one could truly see your real self, and you hid behind a masked façade every time you walked out of your front door.

This was the only world I had ever known. The only world I’d ever truly seen. This was the world I had been brought into, and I would have to live with that truth every day.

My name is Bill Kaulitz, and I am one of the most dangerous people on the planet. Welcome to my world.

I hadn’t changed much over the years physically, but mentally I was definitely developed almost completely. My kind were like that, though. We changed very quickly mentally, while our physical selves stayed the same. Never changing. Never truly living.  A corpse inside a moving body. We were somewhere in-between, somewhere most never venture in their small and fragile lives. But we were not small. We were not fragile. Though we looked angelic enough with our white skin and graceful stride, we were far from being anything less than frightening.

There weren’t that many of us left now. Only very few walked this ground, the rest of us had either been imprisoned or killed in this hell-hole the humans called home. Not many knew of our existence, and most of us had been made to keep quiet. It was hard to find many of us in one place, and even harder for us to exist without human interference. I stood with my best friend Andreas, as I had for many years, as we hurried through the streets to nowhere in particular.
         
We ran with great speed, quicker than human eyes could follow, like cheetahs. We did not slow at the many lights and passageways, nor at the many sights before our eyes that most of the humans would find bedazzling. They were of no use to us, just a reminder we were not welcome. The lights were staring eyes. The passageways screaming faces. Our feet made no sound, and we left no footsteps behind us. Our breathing did not quicken as we ran, our eyes always in more than one place at a time.

We were running from the humans, the ones from our other town who had somehow found out our secret. It wasn’t hard for them, though, we had been drinking more blood than was necessary for our kind, out of spite and for the fun of it. We had stupidly made it easier for them to catch on. We couldn’t be so stupid, ever again, if we wanted to try and stay alive, but we were quick learners. One mistake was more than enough for us.  pathetic

When we were safely out of the humans reach, we stopped running.




We sat in the dark forest, still and quiet. We were alone now, in the small part of the world we didn’t have to hide. I loved places like these, away from everyone else on Earth. These places were like a little piece of heaven, slap bang in the middle of hell for me.

Andreas stared at me from the rock he had found to sit on, smiling as his platinum blonde hair fell in front of his eyes, looking as though he was going to burst out laughing in any minute, but of course, this was his favourite game, running from the humans, it made him feel like he was back in the 1600’s, where you would automatically be killed if you looked anything like us. I smiled back, taking a seat on a fallen tree as I did so. The silence was killing me now, so I tried to make up a conversation.

“So.. that’s the end of that little adventure, eh.” I barely whispered, but I knew he would hear, though he was about five meters away. He laughed silently, a smile creeping onto his face, but it didn’t touch his eyes, so I knew it had taken him some effort to make its way there. He was obviously thinking about something, so I tried again.

“What’s up, Andi?” I asked, using his nickname now, smiling as I said it. He looked up, as though he had been caught up in a daydream. As he looked up I noticed his eyes had the familiar blackish circles around them, though, so I knew what was wrong immediately. He was thirsty. As soon as I thought about it, the more familiar burning sensation made its way up my throat, like a tiger stalking its prey. We both got up the same time and started running immediately, as though reading each others minds. We were running to the place we always used to top up on blood when we weren’t near or couldn’t go near a town. The morgue.

We had to break in, kicking the door from the outside in. it was easy for us, and only took the least bit of pressure on our part before it crumbled and fell back against the white tiled floor, then we were in. we prowled around for a moment, then walked up to one of the covered bodies laying ready on the counter top. Andreas pulled the cover off and bent down to bite the neck and test the blood. He lifted his head after less than a minute, and rolled it around his mouth, as though tasting wine. I almost laughed at his expression. Then he swallowed and told me the blood was fresh, so I bit the body, near the wrist, and drank my share. We then closed up the wounds, put the cover back on and turned around, only to be confronted with footsteps heading our way. Someone was coming in!

© Copyright 2008 TokioTwilighter (teamjasper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509763-Blood