*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1510470-A-Day-in-the-Life-of-Melanie
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Other · #1510470
Melanie's a vampire: How does it all begin?
As I walked toward him, closing the space between us, I heard my heart thumping loudly. I felt nervous. More nervous than I had ever felt when pursuing a guy because, frankly, this guy was cute. He also felt DANGEROUS.

"Hi," I said, as I walked up to him. His eyes widened and his mouth clenched, as if he were in pain.

"Hi," he gasped, as if he were out of breath.

"Don't worry, you can breathe with me in front of you. I don't care," I said, while playing with the button on his shirt. I could see his brother who was getting tortured by Sapphire, had the same look on his face as the boy.

"What's your name?" he asked me, ever-so-carefully.

"My name is Melanie Accosta. What's yours?" I flirted with him while STILL playing with the button on his shirt. You're probably thinking, WHAT A SLUT! but it's not true. I'm just playing around with him. In fact, I'm still a virgin and I plan to stay that way. The girls who had lost their virginity and actually FLAUNTED it were called the Harajaku Girls. I didn't understand why they chose that name. They really ruined the hold the Harajaku Girls had for me. I never bought any of the Harajaku Girls clothes after that for ANYONE. It's not like I would get something like that for ME to wear. I just got it for my cousins who visited like once a year and were so poor, they actually SHRIEKED when they got a dollar. Imagine what they're like when they get Harajaku clothing from me. They thought it was the best thing in the world.

"My name is Mark Nelani," he said. He had a thick Hispanic accent. "And you should stay away from me."

"I won't stay away for long," I warned him. "I won't stay away for long."

"I'm not counting on it," he said glumly as he sauntered off. I sat there, shocked. No guy had ever...! I felt mortified as I walked back to Di (Diana). Di was there, looking sympathetic. I knew she just watched the scene between us. Her eyes sparkled when Sapphire came, looking equally glum and knew that Di didn't really like Sapphire, just like I didn't like her.

"No luck." Sapphire pouted and I wanted to slap that pout of her face. What did she expect? Every guy thought she was a ho and that was the only reason they put up with her: to get some. Sapphire could've been one of the Harajaku Girls if she wanted to be but she liked our system BETTER. She only knew that if she became a Harajaku Girl, everyone would call her a ho to her face--on a much more extreme than they already did behind her back.

"Me neither," I sighed. I saw a wicked glint in Sapphire's eyes and I knew I was in for it...the teasing would begin now.

"Did you at least get his name, Sapphire?" Di asked, trying to avert Sapphire's attention. It worked miraculously.

"His name is Marco Nelani. He's from an adopted family. And he looked like he really hated me. Had a huge Hispanic accent," Sapphire ticked off.

"You?" Di didn't even look up at me, just waved her hand.

"Well, ugh..." I whispered, and when I looked at Sapphire, I knew I was in for it. My heart sinking, I prepared for the worst teasing I had probably ever gotten in my life.
© Copyright 2008 Casey Carlisle (xoxotaffyxoxo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1510470-A-Day-in-the-Life-of-Melanie