*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1510568-Leave-Out-all-the-Rest
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1510568
A little thing I thought of one night
Dear Readers,
This story is complicated for me to explain. I have no idea what it is about, and what is going to happen. All I've come up with is that there was a horrible accident concerning Christian and Linsey, and they barely escaped with their lives to tell the tale. The way I am writing this is I'm writing it backwards. I'm going to start with a definite ending and work my way torwards a beginning and see how it turns out. This things is going to take me surprise by the time I get done with it. Trust me. You won't be the only one screaming OH MY GOSH!!! one night after I finish it. That is if anybody reads this at all... Anyway I hope you enjoy reading the product of my messed up brain and I'll see you on the flipside!
Kristen


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Chapter One

Linsey rubbed her hands on the sides of her shorts, glancing up. The sun was brighter to her vision, and the sky bluer. Everything had changed from just a few weeks ago when Christian had shown up. His ability to sweep her off her feet was still unsettling and would take time getting used to, but she didn't mind. Her life was back to some sembalance of order. The scar was only one of the few reminders of the events of two weeks ago.
"Hey!" Linsey shielded her eyes as she turned into the sun. She smiled when she saw Chrisitan walking down towards her, the bright sun shining against his back.
"Hey." she called back, the word feeling clumsy and inadequate on her tongue. Christian grinned, and giddiness swopped throughout Linsey. He stopped in front of her, and she looked up into his beautiful eyes, watching as they shifted to a different shade of green every few seconds.
"What?" he asked, a small crease forming between his eyebrows. Linsey smiled.
"Everything's perfect now." she whispered, sliding her small soft hand into his. He squeezed it tightly, saying, "Almost perfect." He searched her face, and she remembered what he was talking about. Remembered the scars on her mind that caused her to have terrible nightmares that made her wake up in a cold sweat.
Linsey shrugged, grinning.
"I'll be fine in a few weeks. I'm tough." Christian laughed, brushing her cheek with his fingertips. Linsey blushed, her smooth tan face turning a complimentery shade of red.
"You are tough." Her kissed her lightly on the mouth, wishing she could stay with him forever, into the eternity he used to think so bleak and cold, but was now bright and hopeful. Linsey was his world now. And he would do anything in his power to protect her. Linsey sighed with content and leaned against his strong body.
"I love you." he whispered, lifting her face up towards his. "And I'll always be here for you, no matter what."
Linsey nodded, replying in turn, "I love you too." He hugged her to him, telling himself that it wouldn't be the last time.

Chapter 2

Christian cringed, hearing a bone snap as he and Linsey stuggled in the darkness. The man howled in pain, stopping his attack. Christian grabbed Linsey's forearm, and together they ran to the nearest exit near the Northern parking lot.
"Call the police Christian!" Linsey said breathlessly as they rushed away from the man chasing them.
"They won't help! They are no match for Lacroi and his men." Linsey frowned, and slowed. Chrisitan raced past her, then stopped, realizing she was no longer beside him. "Come on!" Linsye shook her head, and dropped to the ground, exhausted. She leaned against a burned out light post, her head in between her knees. Christian came to her, kneeling down before her. "Whats wrong? We need to keep going. He's not far behind."
"I'm just so tired. I can't go any farther." Linsey complained, her voice soft and barely audible.
"Look at me." She inched her eyes up to meet his. She could tell by the concerned expression on his face that he wanted to keep her safe, even if it meant giving up his own life. "We have to keep running. As soon as we get to the hospital, we'll be fine."
"The hospital? You never said anything about going to the hospital." Linsey said, straightening up. She saw Chrisitan hesitate as he thought of an answer. "You never tell me anything! All you say is to trust you on everything. I never asked any questions, I just did what you told me to do!" A pained look fell on Christian. it pleased her that he was upset. Now he knew what she'd been feeling for the past two weeks. The wall she'd built around all her anger and other emotions collapsed in a second, and Christian hugged her.
"I'm so sorry. If I had even guessed what you were feeling, I would never have done anything to upset you. I promise." He held her tight against him, her body shaking with crying. "I would never hurt you." Linsey sniffed, pulling away from his embrace.
"Okay." she whispered, standing up. Christian stood beside her, and reached fro her hand. They turned to run, but the man chasing them came up in behind them, pushing Linsey down onto the ground. She fell hard, landing on her side. Christian growled, wrapping his arm around the man's neck.
"Keep your hands off of her." he hissed, squeezing the breath out of the man. He started choking, and struggled against Christian's hold. His hands ripped at Christian's throat, his nails scraping the boy's cheeks. Christian bit the inside of his mouth, to keep from crying out and frightening Linsey. He should have never asked Linsey out on that date two weeks ago. He should have never laid eyes on her. He should have never moved to Clearwater in the first place. Thinking of Linsey, Christian glanced over his shoulder briefly, and noticed that she was gone.
"Linsey!" he called. The man took the advantage of Christian not paying attention, and switched the stranglehold. Christian sputtered, elbowing the man in the stomach. He needed to find Linsey.
--------
Linsey ran harder than she'd ever run before. Harder than she normally ran in track. She wasn't sure what was pushing her so hard. It could've been adrenaline. But Linsey didn't care. She and Christian needed help big time. Chicago was scary at night, even with all the lights and sound.
© Copyright 2008 **Stew Monster** (bootsanddora at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1510568-Leave-Out-all-the-Rest