*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511592-Screeching-Slumber
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1511592
When too much sleep is insane.
I’m a terrible sleeper. I can sleep anywhere and anytime. Legend has it that I can even sleep on water. Though I never remembered except the time when I woke up gasping for breathe and scrambling to float back to the top of our swimming pool.

Last night I was sooo tired. I sauntered home from the bar very late in the night. I didn’t even bother taking my clothes off. I was that tired. I was in Lala land as soon as my head hit the bed. The bed did feel a little hard but I slept anyway.

Suddenly, a screeching sound came from the closet. It was so loud and piercing it jolted me from bed and I jumped up to investigate. I’m not usually afraid of anything except sleeping for so long and not waking up. I didn’t bother with the lights but just walked over to the closet.

I opened the door and fumbled for the light but could not locate it. I stepped inside and found myself on a platform and right before my eyes was a train coming at me.
Stunned, I ran back. I looked around me and discovered I slept in the cloak room of a train station.
© Copyright 2009 babywho (babywho at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511592-Screeching-Slumber