*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511635-adventure-to-the-big-city
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1511635
Chapter one of the journey..
Her first real taste of the big city was with the most beautiful looking man she’d ever seen. She’d met him at work and was instantly captivated by his confident nature and piercing green eyes,  the way  he talked as if he’d known her all his life. A whirlwind romance ensued, a flurry of phone-calls and messages and late night whispers and then she was pulling into King’s Cross full of hopes, smiles, thrills and desires. She walked along the platform to the exit and there he was, his eyes focused on her like she was the only person in the world, and for a moment she could have believed that she was.  As he put his arms around her his touch was electric and she buried her head in his neck and inhaled, his scent so unfamiliar yet exciting and inviting that she could have stayed there all night.



However, it wasn’t to be. As all great things come to an end, so did this, in a tangle of bitterness and misery, relief, regret, sweet memories and not-so-sweet heartache. After three days and four nights of  intense passion,  amazing sex and unspoken emotions it was over as fast as it had begun. It seemed like a light had been switched off in her life, like someone had finished  the last chapter of the story and has closed the book, leaving her trapped between the pages unable to escape, going over the words again and again in her head until it hurt. She felt stupid for being so open with him and letting her thoughts run away with her, letting her head fill with hopes and dreams that never could and never would be recognised.



It wasn’t all bad though. As much as she hated him and wanted to kiss him in the same breath, he’d made her see that there was a life out there that she was missing out on. There were so many things that she could achieve but wouldn’t if she stayed  where she was. So, next chapter- escape to the big city- was under way..
© Copyright 2009 Riley Oscar (missmawby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511635-adventure-to-the-big-city