*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511779-9-1-1-Call
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1511779
9-1-1 call before responders are dispatched
Three phones are ringing, one more important than the others. "Hold, please," I request, knowing immediately this will be the BIG ONE.

"I have a T-45 with vibrations, possible loss of one engine."

And the clamor to be fifteen people at once begins... Radio all personnel with urgency, "Attention, all Units! Crash Alert! Crash Alert!"

Call the fire department via ring-down to notify them of a possible aircraft crash in progress. Get all departments in respective places, not just ASAP, but NOW! Have ambulances en-route to the possible crash scene. All personnel are already located on the Naval Air Station and close to the scene. Now it is time to notify local law enforcement, ambulances, and state troopers of crash possibility because crash at this point is inevitable.

Notify security at all fixed posts to deny media access until told to do so. All radio traffic must cease, with exception to emergency traffic, until emergency is secured.

The base, an island unto itself, is hurled into frantic action, coming from all directions, within a space of a second.

"Pilots have ejected," I notify via radio traffic all units as I watch with a helpless feeling on monitors as the two bodies are thrown from the airplane that is so close to the ground now.

Sirens are screaming from police units, fire engines and ambulances. Everyone is racing to assist preserving the two lives falling to the ground. The plane has crashed into the wood-line and flames are shooting hundreds of feet into the air. I notify the state forestry commission to assist with woods fire now as well.

"Sorry to put you on hold so long, how may I direct your call?" I asked the original caller.

I am a 9-1-1 Communications Dispatcher on a Naval Base.


295 words
© Copyright 2009 Sandy~HopeWhisperer (sandy1219 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511779-9-1-1-Call