*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512094-For-Love-or-Money
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Novel · Romance/Love · #1512094
Couples choose between love and money.
One, Asya Lewis,16( April 1989,St .Louis, Missouri)
As I walk down the street, I see a young man from school named Shaquile Rodriquez, I've been wanting to tryst for a while now. I didn't want to enlighten him because I concept he wasn't attracted to me. One day I had a volleyball game, so I walked home that day; he had football practice and walked also. He noticed me going towards the parking lot, I heard someone call my name; I spun around to see who it was, and it was him. We started conversation, and then decided to walk together. We wanted to abide our conversation so we exchanged numbers. So later on that day (Friday, about 5:30 p.m.) I called, but he didn't answer. He called me back about 10:30 p.m. that night. My momma answered the phone and told me to come get the phone. I picked up the phone and said "Hello, who is this?" I wonder who could be calling me this late. The only person that does this is my dad, my grandmother, my aunt, and my sister sometimes. Ever since my brother moved out he never called us to let us know how he’s doing and how his life going.
"You don't know me now." He inquired
"Oh, hey how are you and why are you calling so late?" She asked
"Fine and because I just got off work about 30 minutes ago."
"Oh ok."
"What are you doing up this late?"
"Watching a movie with my momma.”
“Well I just got out the shower.” I ponder if she’s debating about how I look just getting out the shower. Of course she is what girl wouldn’t. I sat on my bed thinking about what she was wearing and if she would consider being my girlfriend.
I walked into my room so I could talk to him privately. I thought to myself what if he already has plans and he turns me down then I have to deal with it. “I was wondering, what are you doing tomorrow?”
“Nothing, why do you ask?”
Thank god, he doesn’t have any plans. “I wanted to know if you wanted to come over because my aunt and momma are going to their boyfriend’s house for the summer, so we could get to know each other a little better and watch a movie.”
“Uh, yea I’ll come.” She wants me to come over, no parental supervision. I wonder what will happen, should I ask her to be my girlfriend or should I wait. I think I’m falling love, but I don’t know anything about her. “Hello, you there.”
“Yea, I’m here, I was just thinking.”
“What time would you like to come?”
“Around 11:30 a.m. or 12:00 p.m.”
“Ok cool."
"Would you like you like me to bring a movie?” I wonder if I should bring something more than a movie or would I be being to forward.
“If you want to.”
“Are you a virgin?” He inquired
“Yea” She retorted
“Are you? She asked
“Would you be mad, if I say no?”
“No, why would I be mad it’s not like I’m your girlfriend?”
“I don’t know I just thought you would be.” Should I still ask her?
“I wouldn’t be mad it’s your choice.”
“Well in that case I’m...”
“You’re what.”
“Yea, I am.”
“Oh thank god.”
“You're thanking god that I’m a virgin.”
“Umm...no.”
“Then what, you can tell if that's what you're thanking him for. I thanked him that you were."
"Yea, that's why I thanked him."
“I knew it."
"Oh well, I'm glad you knew it and that we both still are"
"Why are you glad?"
"Because I just am." I told myself because I want my first to be with you that's why.
"Well I'm glad you're glad we still are."
“I’ll call you when I’m on my way.”
“Ok.”
“Goodnight Asya.”
“Goodnight Shaquile.”
As I lay down to go to sleep, I began to think about Asya and what will happen tomorrow. I hope she wears something tight to show off her curves. I hope she will say yes, if I ask her to be mine and only mine. I began to picture everything that will happen tomorrow. Would I be the one to take her virginity, and would she be the one to take mine? If I would I want this to be a night we both would remember. I wonder if I tell her I love her will it make things awkward or will she say she feels the same. Either way I don't care because my feelings for he will always be the same and they will become stronger. I hope nobody drops by unexpectedly to ruin our day and night. In the morning before I go to her house I'll go to the store to get a movie, strawberries, cherries, candy(specifically the ones that melt), and whipped cream to please her in every way, especially the ways I think she'll like. Maybe I'll go buy me a new fit (shoes, hat, shirt, and socks), and her a bracelet to show my affection. I phoned my boys and told them to come pick me up in the morning around 10:30 a.m. to take me to the mall to get my fit.
As I begin to leave my room, I turn back around and head towards my closet to look for an outfit. I found a pink mini skirt with the matching top, a black prom dress, and a red tight fitting evening gown. I called my momma in the room and asked her for her opinion. She asked me where I was going and I replied I'm staying in Mo'Nique, Krystal, Rayne and Tequila are coming over, I lied. She said I like the pink one, can I borrow the red one if I still can get into it. I gave it to her and she left. After I picked out the one I wanted to wear I layed down and began to think about Shaquile and what tomorrow holds in store. I called Tequila and told her to swing by my house and pick me up around 8:00 a.m. so we could go shopping at Sexy and Silky. I brought a black see through bra and panty set, and pink and black pumps. Tequila brought a red one like mine along with the red pumps. I asked her if I should wear that under my outfit or to open the door. She told me to wear it under my outfit that way when he takes it off he'll have something to picture you in his dream with that on.
Saturday finally came (my 16th birthday), I cleaned my house, washed clothes, washed my hair, made my house smell like apples and cinnamon. I put on my pink sexy and silky outfit first, then put on my pink mini skirt and top with my pink kicks. Shaquile called me and told he'll be here at exactly 11:30 a.m. I put rose petals on my bed, candles on my dresser and table beside my bed. I brought bottle of champagne, tequila, vodka, cold drinks, and glasses for us to drink with and put it in the bathroom. Before I knew it Shaquile was at my door with an arm full of roses, a box of chocolates, and a bag. I told him to come in and make yourself at home. "What's in the bag?" I asked
"You'll see later on tonight."
I thought to myself, there's going to be a tonight. He walked towards me grabbed my waist and turned me facing me. Then gave me a passionate kiss. We kissed for at least 10 minutes then the phone rang, so we stopped and sat on the sofa...
"You look sexy and it smells nice in here." He stated
"Thank you." I retorted
"Do you want me to put the movie in now?'
"Yea, what did you bring?"
"You'll see when it comes on."
"Oh it's a surprise."
"Trust me you'll like it."
"Ok."
Two hours later the movie went off so we went for a walk and came back at around 11:45 p.m. "Now do you want to know what's in the bag?”
Now you can see. He poured everything out of the bag, I saw cherries, strawberries, candy, and whipped cream fall out. "What's all this for?" I asked
"I'll show you." He said
He walked towards me put his arms around my waist and started kissing me on my neck down to my shoulders. He backed up and took off his shirt and asked me if I want to take off the rest. I said yea and went to work. He asked me if I wanted him to undress me. "I'll do it I have a surprise for you." I said
So I went into the bathroom came back out with a robe and pink pumps. "Do you want to do the honor?" I asked
"Yea." He replied
He took off the robe and shouted damn girl you look sexier than before. He walked over to me and said "Turn around and let me see how the back looks."
So I turned around to let him see, and when we were face-to-face he smiled the picked me up kissed me again, took me to the bed and began to take off what I had left on and what he had on. He put cherries, strawberries, and whipped cream all over my body, then liked off the whipped cream and ate the cherries and strawberries. Once he finished I repeated the same thing he did to me. He carried me to the bathroom and noticed what I had put in it and put me in it while he pours us some champagne, he stepped in and toasted to tonight. He finally asked my to be his girlfriend and I said "Yea."
We made love in the tub for more than 3 hours (realizing we weren't virgins anymore), when we did get out we went straight to the bed and made love again. Once we did stop, we drank the vodka and the rest of the champagne in less than 30 minutes. I tried to get up and fell back down, but luckily I landed on top of him and we made love for the third time. The next morning we had hangovers. I woke up; walked in the kitchen and seen he made breakfast. I walked over to him kiss him and asked “Did he had a good time?"
“I know I did, did you?”
“Yea.”
“What if our parents asked what we did while they were gone?”
“Tell them you know the usual stuff watch movie.”
“I'm not that good at lying.”
“It’s not lying it’s not telling them what really happened.”
“Well I guess I could do that.”
“I know you can, you want to know why.”
“Yea, why?”
“Because you love me and your parents, right.”
“Yea.”
“Look at me, baby I know my parents trust me they won’t ask if I did anything inappropriate.”
“Maybe you’re right.”
“Do you want me to stay the rest of the summer?”
“Umm...I thought to myself what if they do ask." "Yea.”
“Ok just let me go home and get some clothes.”
“Ok. But first I want to give you something.”
“What is it?”
“A key.”
“Thanks, baby.”
“You’re welcome, baby.”
“I be back in about 30 to 45 minutes, I have another surprise for you when I get back.”
“I can’t wait.”
So he left, I began to think what the surprise could be. I asked myself if it was a ring, a necklace, a tattoo with my name, or him. I guess I’ll have to wait and see. So I went into my bathroom fixed my hair, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and put my robe back on. I walked back in the living room, and heard the door trying to be opened so I jumped on the sofa and pretended I’ve been here. I saw the door swing open; he stood there with 4 suitcases and 10 shoe boxes. I helped him with his things before asking him what my surprise was.
“Close your eyes and hold out your arm, then turn around.” He inquired
“Ok.” I said
“Now open your eyes and look at your wrist.”
“Aww, baby it’s beautiful.”
“Just like you.”
“Now close your eyes and I’ll walk you towards the mirror. Now open your eyes.”
“Baby you didn’t have to do that.”
“I know I wanted you to go around looking your best.”
“Close your eyes, give me your hand, and follow me.”
I slipped a diamond bracelet on his wrist. Now open your eyes.”
“I love it and asked how much did it cost.”
“Thank you, $3,000.”
“You spent $3,000 on me.”
“I did it out of love.”
“I brought yours out of love, now come get your other surprise.”
“I sure will.”
So we went back into the bedroom around 12 p.m. and made love again. We finished using the rest of the strawberries, cherries, champagne, vodka, and whipped cream. We heard someone banging on the door so I told her to stay here while I see who it is. It was the mail man letting us know the mail was here. I put the mail on the table and went to finish what I started.

Two, Tre',18(March 1990, Miami, Fla)
There's this girl named Mylissa Cole, I've been feining for since I was in middle school, but never had the nerve to interrogate her out. I lived in Miami with my momma, when my dad decided to get a divorce. I just started college and still never revealed how I really felt. I thought I would never fall in love or be the type to love. She and I went to the same middle and high school; we went separate ways after graduation. She was the type of girl every boy would leave their girlfriend(s) for. She's funny, outgoing, intelligent, cute, and caring. I told momma I would move to Houston. She was furious, but I have good reasons to go. I went to Southwest Florida College in Fort Myers and she went to The University of Phoenix in Houston. I moved to Houston. I called, but she didn’t answer so I left a voicemail, and told her I made it. When I got here I went to the campus to peep the dorms out. During that time, I met up with all my old home boys I went to high school with. They told me Mylissa went here. I didn't know that, I lied. I told them to show me where her dorm was so I could surprise her. When we got there I told them to bring her outside, but make sure her eyes are closed. She came outside, opened her eyes and started screaming. “What are you doing her?” She asked
“I go to school here now.” I said
“Oh, it’s good to see you.”
“You too.”
“When did you get here?”
“This Morning.”
“Why are Duane, Anthony, Dorien, Dru, and Chris here?”
“I asked them to show me where your dorm was.”
“Cool.”
“Do you want to hangout later?”
“Yea, why not.”
“Remember in high school when you used to tryst Bryan, what happened?”
“I guess we wanted something different.”
“I want to ask you something tonight.”
“Ok.”
“I’m glad we had this chance to meet again.”
“So am I.”
“I’ll see you tonight then, what time should I pick you up?”
“Around 9:30.”
“Sounds great. See you tonight Tre’."
“Bye Mylissa.”
We left her dorm and went back to mine, they started tripping on what I was gone ask her. I wouldn’t tell them though. I told them what I want to ask her is something I’ve been thinking about for a long time. I finally gave in and told them. "Alright, alright I’m gone ask her to be my wife."
They started cheering and congratulating me. "Why y’all cheering I ain’t even ask her yet?"
“We thought we would do the cheering now, since we won’t be there when she says yea.” Dru said
“You and I don’t know if she’ll say yea.”
“Actually I do, all she talks about is how much she misses you.”
“Seriously.”
“Man, would I ever lie to you?”
“No.”
“Alright then, just accept out congrats.”
“Thanks man.”
Dru and ‘em left and I only took one hour to look my best for my new fiancée’. I arrived at her house at 9:30 on the dot. I had on a black suit with black pradas. I knocked on her door with an arm full of roses and she opened it with a bath robe and slippers. I told him to come in and I’ll be out in a minute, I came out in a firm fitting black evening gown with black pumps. I told him he looked nice and he told me I looked stunning. He took me to a French restaurant, we had a nice time. He stood up, got on one knee, looked her in her eyes and said "Mylissa will you marry me?"
"Yes."
I took her back home. We exchanged numbers; I called her when I got home. One of her roommates answered the phone and told her it was me. "Hello." She said
"Hey, how are you?" I retorted
"Fine and you."
"Fine, did you like the restaurant?"
"Yea, but why did you take me there?"
"I thought it would be nice and because I'm French."
"Really, I'm a Latina. I didn't know you're French, but here are you from?"
"France and you."
"Spain."
"Oh, I guess we do have something in common."
"What?"
"We're both bilingual."
"Since you're my fiancé' now, I'll call my parents and tell my roommates the good news."
"I may as well do the same."
A month later my momma called and demanded me to move back to Houston. I said "No."
"Why not baby, I miss you?” She said
“I like it out here.” He inquired
“You like it out here too, don’t you?”
“Yea, but I want to be alone.”
“So you’re not coming home.”
“No.”
"Momma I ran into Mylissa from high and asked her to marry me."
"Really, what did she say?"
"Yes. Are you coming to the wedding?"
"Yea, I'll come."
“Ok, talk to you later.”
Ok, bye.”
I got off the phone with my momma and decided to call Mylissa, and ask her to come over so we could celebrate by ourselves. She said "I'll be there in a hour."
Before she came I brought candles, champagne, whipped cream, and something for her to wear, I left it on the bed. When she arrived I was in the room setting up things. I heard a knock on the door "Hold on." I shouted.
I went to open the door and found no one standing there. So I walked down the hallway, then went back to my room and went back in my bedroom. I found her laying there in the outfit I bought. "I've been waiting for you." She said
"How did you get in here?" He asked
"The door." She said sarcastically
"You mean when I went to see who it was." He retorted
"Yea."
"Why?"
"I didn't want you to see me so I snuck in."
"Cool."
"Do you like what I'm wearing?"
"Yea, that's why I bought it."
"Would you like some champagne now?"
"Yea, but can I lick it off you."
"Under one condition."
"What?"
"You let me return the favor."
"You sure can."
I poured the champagne on her and began to lick it off, and then she started moaning. I stopped for a few seconds to put a cherry inside her, strawberries and whipped cream on top of her. I pushed the cherry deeper inside her and pulled it out with my tongue. She began to moan even louder. I licked the whipped cream off, and ate the strawberries; she began to moan louder than before. I finished my desert. I left her return the favor just like she asked. She poured the champagne on me and began to lick it off me; she put whipped cream all over me then licked it off. She did a hella fied job then I began to cum on the whipped cream, I guess she saved the best for last. "Tre'."
"Yea."
"Did you just cum?"
"Why do you ask that?'
"Because I thank I just licked it."
"Was it good?"
"Yea."
"In that case, yea."
"Just don't do it again, until we make love."
"Ok, are you ready now?"
"Only if you are."
"Do you want me to take off the lingerie or will you do it?"
"You can since you bought it."
Before we made love we heard a bang on the door, I said "I'll get it."
I put on my robe, walked to the door and said "Who is it?"
No one answered so I opened the door. I saw my ex-boyfriend Bryan holding two dozen roses, and my face lite up like a candle. I was surprised to see him, but I never forgot what he did to me. I never forgave Tequila or my cousin Shani.
"What do you want?" I asked
"I came to apologize for what happened between me, Tequila, and your cousin Shani a while ago. I never meant for that to happen I was drunk.” He inquired
"I accept your apology, but it's to late."
"Why?"
"I'm engaged."
"To who."
"Do you remember Tre' from high school?"
"Yea, what about him?"
"'He's fiancé'."
"Oh, I see."
"I'm sorry for the inconvenience."
"It's okay."
"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings."
"No I'm sorry. Here's my number call me, I really want to be friends. Do you forgive me?"
"Yea."
"Don't be mad at Tequila and Shani, they didn't have nothing to do with it."
"Ok."
"Well goodnight Lisa.
"Goodnight Bryan, I'll call you tomorrow."
I closed the door and went back to the bedroom. "Who was that at the door?" He asked
"Bryan." I said
"Bryan, who."
"The one I used to tryst in high school."
Oh, what did he want?"
"To apologize for sleeping with my cousin Shani and Tequila, and to bring me flowers."
"He did."
"Yea, he said he was drunk, and they had nothing to do with it."
"Damn, that's cold."
"He gave me his number and told me to call him."
"Why did he do that?"
"I guess he wants to be friends again. I told him I would call him tonight or tomorrow."
"Are you?"
"I don't know, I want to be friends, although I can't trust him anymore."
"Then why be friends if you can't trust him."
"I can learn to trust him."
"Cool. I think you should call him that way he could explain what really happened."
"I'll call tomorrow, because we have some unfinished business."
"We do."
We began to make love again, when someone else knocked on the door. "You stay here your lil sexy self right here and keep warm." He inquired
I stayed and kept warm, yet I could only think who was at the door. He walked in the living room to get the door. "Who is it?" I stated
"Taya." She vented
I opened the door to find her standing there with a red coat, red lingerie, and red pumps. I couldn't help myself but stare. I started thinking about everything I wanted to do to her, but I had a fiancée'. I knew I had to control myself.
"Wha...wha...what are you doing here?"
"I came to see you."
She walked in and sat on the sofa, took off her jacket, and told me to come here. I went sat next to her, she started rubbing my thigh and sucking on my earlobes. She kissed my neck and my cheeks. "Wait a minute, you have to go."
“Why?”
“You just do.”
Mylissa walked in, she saw me standing by the kitchen pointing to the door. I knew she was about to do something she wouldn’t regret. She took off her engagement ring. “Who are you?”
“Taya.”
“Why are you half-naked in this room?”
“I came to see Tre'.”
“Look I’m only going to say this once so listen good. If you ever come over trying to seduce my fiancé’ into being intimate with you, I’m going to make you regret it. Got it.”
“Whatever.”
“I got yo whatever.”
I saw Mylissa taking off her earrings and the rest of her rings. As Taya walked towards the door Mylissa ran behind her, and started to beat the shit out of her, like I never seen her hit a woman before. I ran towards the two of them, but by the time I got over there Taya was bleeding everywhere. I took Mylissa into the back to ask her why she flipped. She said she couldn’t help herself. I called an ambulance to come get Taya. We went back in the living room she was, Mylissa apologized. I told her to go wash up and sit on the sofa. When the ambulance came, I finally saw her face. She had a black eye, a broken nose and jaw. "What happened?" The EMS helper interrogated
"I don't know, I flipped." Mylissa stated
"Ma'am you know she could sue if there is any serious damages."
"I know I didn't mean it, I was enraged."
"Don't worry we'll do the best we can."
The EMS left, I sat Mylissa down on the sofa and tried to calm her down. I wanted to know what came over her, why did she do it, or was it because she saw a half-naked woman standing in my dorm. "Why did your violent side come out?" He cross-examined
"I was envy." She query
"I never knew you were the jealous type."
"I've always been that way, I never told anyone."
"Why?"
"I didn't think it really mattered."
"But it does, did you see what happened tonight?"
"Yea."
"Baby you need to talk to somebody, talk to me or your momma. Write down how you feel if you don't want to talk to me."
"I'll write it down, next time I'll stay calm. I promise."
"Alright. I love you."
"I love you too."

Three, Shani, 19,( July 1991,Atlanta, Ga)
I know I did wrong in the past so I called Mylissa to apologize. I told her "I never meant for anything to happen. I'm sorry if I hurt you." She said
"You don't have to apologize; Bryan came by and told me what really happened." Mylissa retorted
"Ok. I have something to tell you."
"What?'
"I'll tell you later."
"Ok."
"Bye Lisa."
"Bye Shani."
I decided to buy a plane ticket to go to Texas. I called Mylissa to tell her to come pick me up from the airport. She arrived a hour later. "What did you want to tell me?" Mylissa stated
"Umm... I was pregnant at the time when I and Bryan messed around." I replied
"So."
"I didn't know, I was pregnant when I was trysting Terrence."
"So."
"I don't know who my baby daddy is."
"Did you tell Terrence?"
"No."
"Why?'
"Because I'm scared he might leave me."
"It's better to tell him now than later. It may hurt him, more than it did you."
"I don't know how."
"You'll find a way to tell him, just tell him soon."
I stayed two more days then went home. When I got home I told him I was pregnant, and the baby might not be his. "What?" He shouted
"I'm sorry baby; I didn't know I was pregnant at the time when Bryan forced me to have sex with him."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I thought you might think I made him do it and leave."
"I would never, we'll find out if he's mine or not."
"Ok."
"I love you."
"I love you too."
I went into my bedroom and thought about the baby, and what I'm gone do if it's not his. "Terrence, can you come here for a minute."
"I'm coming."
Terrence entered the room and sat on the bed. "Would you be upset?"
"Because he might not be mine."
"Yea."
"I'll think about it a lot, but I won't be mad."
I will too. Baby I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I should have told you."
It's not your fault, although you should have told me sooner."
"I know it’s just I was afraid."
"You know you can tell me anything."
"From this day forward I promise to tell you everything."
"Good."
"That's why I love you."
"I love you."
Terrence went back in the kitchen. I stayed in the room hoping and praying that their baby is for Terrence."Baby." He vented
"Yea." She shouted
"Come here?"
"Ok. Hold on."
"Alright."
I went in the kitchen. I sat on the counter and looked at him, started crying. "Baby, don't stress yourself."
"Ok. I won't. I feel so stupid."
"Look at me, baby you're not stupid. You didn't want this to happen."
"I hope he's yours."
"I do to."
I went back in the bedroom and started thinking again. I wonder whether I should get a DNA test. I know there's a 50-50 chance that it may be his and it may not. I will have one done. "Terrence, would you please come here?"
"Here I come."
Terrence entered the room and sat beside me. "Yes."
"I was wondering, would it be ok if I ask you to get a DNA test?"
"I was about to ask you the same thing. Yea I have it done."
"Ok. When do you want to go?"
"How about next week?"
"Fine with me."
"Cool. I'm about to go to Yo-yo's house."
"Ok. Bye."
Terrence left and I called around to find a DNA specialist. I found one, called Terrence. "I talked to a man named Royal Johnson. He charges $1450. He said it'll take about one hour to one hour and a half. The appointment is Tuesday at 2:00p.m."
"Ok, sweetheart. Don't worry I'll still be there even if he's not mine."
"OK. Love you."
"Love you too."
I hung up the phone with Terrence and called Mylissa. "Hello."
"Hey Mylissa.”
"Hey, how are you?"
"Fine and you."
"Fine. Did you tell him?"
"Yea. We decided to get a DNA test. "
"When and what did he say?"
"Next week. He said he'll still be there even if he's not his."
"I told you he would understand.
"I know I'm sorry."
"I forgive you."
"Thanks girl.
'Your welcome. Let me know what the results say."
"You'll be the first one I call."
"Ok. Talk to you later."
"Ok. Bye."
I went to my best friend Earniesha's house. I explained my situation; she gave me advice, and told me not to worry. I listened to her. I left and went home to take a bath. Terrence walked in and said "Hey bay, I'm home."
"Ok. I'm in the tub."
"Ok. I'm coming to talk to you."
"Ok."
He walked in, stood there like he never seen me naked before. "He...he...hey baby."
" What's wrong?"
"Nothing you look gorgeous with the water dripping off your body, that's all."
"I know, huh."
"Yea."
"You had fun at yo-yo's.
"It was straight."
"What did you want to talk to me about?"
"If I were to ask you something would you say yea."
"Of course I would, why?"
I stepped out of the tub and wrapped a towel around my body. I sat on the edge of the tub to put on lotion. He turned his back to me, dug in his pocket and pulled out something. He turned to look at me again, got down on one knee, and stated "Shani Denise Downs, would you marry me?"
I dropped my towel once I saw the ring and began to cry. I didn't care if I was naked or not. I only cared about getting married. I jumped into his arms and gave him a passionate kiss. "Yes, yes, yes."
I put my towel back on and went in the bedroom to put on some clothes. I called my momma, she called Mylissa, she called Tequila, and she called my cousin. "Guess what y'all." I shouted
"What?" They screamed
"Terrence and I are getting married."
"When?"
"I don't know yet, we haven't decided on a date yet."
"Make sure you send us an invitation."
"Y'all will be the first ones."
"Ok."
"Ok. I'll talk to y'all later."
"Bye." They all said at once
"Bye."
Next week finally came. Terrence and I went to the DNA office. Within an hour the results came back and proved that Terrence was the father. We both were excited. I called Mylissa and told her the good news. We home to celebrate the glorious moment.

© Copyright 2009 Mz_Robinson (mz_m_robinson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512094-For-Love-or-Money