*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512095-He-Walks
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1512095
One of my first finished pieces.
Shunned by the rest of the world, only accepted by himself. He walks, for he has no reason to stand still. He passes a house, a house that once held the one he loved, the house is empty now, the yellow tape torn down, his mind floats back to that day as he walks. A frantic call, a cry for help. a single shot, silence. He rushes to her house, held her in his arms, she left this world with his heart. His mind snaps back to the world that blamed him for this, and he blamed himself. The house before him, the same house behind he looks up and sees the road that he was been walking for a year, his back lands hard on the concrete, he picks himself up, turns around, hears a blazing horn, sees a pair of lights, smells the rubber burning on the pavement in a vain attempt to stop. The yellow tape is put up and taken down as two souls walk together, forever.
© Copyright 2009 a shadow in the night (bakujin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512095-He-Walks