*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512390-Love-At-First-Kiss
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Devo
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Fantasy · #1512390
A tragic story about a man who let her get away
You look up, as a raindrop lands in your eye; you wink it away.
you wear that little smile, so cute, so beautiful
I feel a raindrop, it lands on my forehead, sending a shiver down my neck.
You reach up with your soft hands, and brush it aside.
That sends more then a shiver down my spine; it makes the hair on my neck stand.
You look my in the eye, and I see something I have never seen before,
a gleam, a sparkle, It's beautiful. I stare into it, so so deep.
My heart, It was so amazing, it stopped, for that brief moment in time, all stopped
I didn't know until it was to late, I didn't feel my head move foreword.
I saw yours do the same, we were closer now, so so close.
I could smell the sweet aroma of your breath.
A raindrop; landed on your cheek. It was amazing
Rain, something so pure, on you, the most beautiful person in the world.
My hand slowly made its way to your cheek, brushed the raindrop aside.
You shivered, I put my arms around you to keep you warm;
because surely the warmth coming from my heart right now was enough for both of us.
I gaze back into your eyes, what I saw before still burning strong.
Your eyes told me my next move, I knew what to do.
I caressed the back of your neck with my hand as I closed my eyes.
Before they were shut I saw yours start to close.
Perhaps, you had saw the same in my eyes as I saw in yours?
Maybe I had emitted that same radiant glow.
I felt your lips graze mine; not kiss, something more
Just a brush, a tease, my heart was so loud I was scared you could hear it.
Our lips drew apart, their was distance between them, now or never I decided.
I embraced you, in all your beauty. I felt your lips, so soft, against mine.
Never was their a thing so bliss as that one moment, with her.
Many a days have I pondered about her; the stranger I had fell in love with.
The woman on the bench waiting for the bus, as was I.
Our kiss, so pure and bliss; had been interrupted by the squeal of brakes.
"I have to get on" She had told me, her voice so gentile.
I nodded my head, it was all I could do. I was in bewilderment.
If only I could have asked her name. Maybe even got on the bus, with her, pretended it was mine.
But no, I let her go. She was in my arms, and I let go. When I should have held on tight.
If only...
© Copyright 2009 Devo (free2write7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512390-Love-At-First-Kiss