*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1513889-Super-Powers-For-Everyone
Rated: 13+ · Other · Experience · #1513889
What makes new years so special anyway?
With every new year, new hopes, dreams, possibilities and events emerge.

"I am going to lose weight!", "I will stop doing this!" or "start doing that~", people say.

Funny how we're always setting goals for ourselves, never wanting to just float on aimlessly and see what fate decides to throw our way.

My question is, what makes new years so special anyway? I mean really, is there a difference between the years, months and weeks that continue to go by?

A year ends and you expect something to happen to remind everyone of the significance of the changing of years... like a fucking miracle or a sign from above, but what do we get? Nothing. No miracle, just the same old bullshit that has been going on for years.

Wars in the Middle East, hunger and poverty in Africa, anorexia and drugs in Hollywood, suicide in Japan, obesity in Britain and obsession with terrorism and oil in the U.S.

So, disappointed with the same old bullshit, we start to set goals for ourselves!

After all, it's our chance to think of ourselves as some kind of super heroes who CAN and WILL change the fucking world, ALL because it is a brand new year! =)

It is almost as if we expect God to get up on new years and say, "Ah, what the hell, super powers for everyone!!", then open up a bottle of Champagne and start celebrating.
© Copyright 2009 Arwachan (arwachan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1513889-Super-Powers-For-Everyone