*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514117-For-Once
Rated: E · Prose · Relationship · #1514117
I’m using my time to remember to breathe.
For now, let’s forget everything I’ve ever said. For now, let’s forget everything you’ve done (or haven’t done). For now, let’s pretend the slate is clean. For now, let’s pretend we’re innocent once again. Let’s pretend.

Because every word I’ve said has gone in one ear and out the other. So, in essence, it’s like I never said it to begin with. Because you don’t care (won’t care, can’t care) about what’s on my mind. This is probably all a waste of time.

Because everything you’ve done is a waste of my time. And I’m through wasting my breath on you. You never cared to begin with. (and now, I’m using my time to remember to breathe.) I’m using my time for something worthwhile.

Like, trying to forget. Forget you. Forget the pain you put me through. Forget the tears I’ve cried. Forget all my wasted tries. Forget your ice cold eyes, and forget all the lies. Because I’m tired of wasting my time remembering.

Let’s pretend the slate is clean. Let’s pretend we’re innocent once again. Let’s pretend that this never happened. Let’s pretend that it never mattered. Let’s pretend that this was never anything more then a casual acquaintance that finally flickered out.

For once, let’s not fight this out.
© Copyright 2009 Brava Avani (bravaavani4747 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514117-For-Once