*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514426-Earthquake
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1514426
Admittance is hard...
There’s a pain in my heart. So strong… it feels like its breaking. Like a crack from an earthquake.

That’s it… an earthquake… a good way to describe it. For most earthquakes are a shock, but the people in the know, they know differently. They can tell it’s about to hit but they are powerless to stop it. There’s nothing they can do, it’s just going to hit. People who don’t know however, they just get taken by surprise. They don’t have any warning. It just hits them and they have to deal with the consequences.

It all depends on the scale of the earthquake. On a small scale it can disrupt your sleep at most. On a large scale it can turn your world upside down. Everything you once knew is different. Everything you counted on and took for granted is gone.

I guess I’m somewhere in the middle of that scale. The earthquake has hit a part of me that wasn’t protected. All the guards that were up were taken down. I was fooled by the sunny clear skies. I was lied to.

The skies are now cloudy and the fog has set in. Nothing is clear anymore. I sit and I wait. There is rain dripping down my cheek yet the fog still doesn’t seem to shift.

tbc
© Copyright 2009 LiveOnTheEdge (liveontheedge at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514426-Earthquake