*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514441-Project-Wings
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Supernatural · #1514441
This is a short story I submitted to a writing club. The theme was "wings"
A God’s dream is the length of a mortal’s lifelong…


Month of July…

The sun had fermented all night for that morning. At first light it blazed agonizingly on Bill’s town. Bill was a curios boy and had called for a prostitute. She was the host of a deadly malady. They both died during sleep. Their bodies smoldered into dawn where they gradually began to discompose.  His attic room drew black stains as heat welded to the aged wood. A dead monotone shirred softly. There was a scent of burnt feathers when it happened.

[name censored] hunched body was touched by the Gods. And the decay regenerated into a radiant being that gloriously rose to life. A plume of feathers blossomed and pain afar all human senses shrouded the being. White blinding wings sprawled from its back and slanted the walls. Bill’s room is tiny. The wings hampered together and pulled in, collapsing the being to the blood baking floor.


July…

Vivid light peers in my eyes as I open them. A pleasant fragrance is with me. The scent hits me strong at first then eases to a custom. A colossal mass of feathers suspend down my back. They feel like limbs. Limbs I’d go disabled without. I’m perplexed. One maddening thought haunts me – what am I?

The boy Bill seems to have hollowed out of me. Humanity as well… I resurrected into something else. That I know for sure.


July…

An urge to touch the sky masters me. My sturdy arms undo the inferno breathing framework and I plunge myself through it; away from the shabby dwelling where Bill has died.

I leap down with fear of falling but my wings resound a brilliant flit as they span East and West across Bill’s town. They keep me off the ground. I thrust onwards - breeze washes over me. Wings pierce through electric cords and other human creations that hinder their path. Now I ought to straighten my body. I look below to see my marvelous shadow spread larger as I lift. Then with a jolt I arc to the skies. What I feel there passes the conception of man.


July…

I touched ground in an abandoned church where I feel safe. I’m an Angel I believe. A being portrayed in the Bible and Eastern graphic tales Bill used to read.…

Hours pass and I seem to have no need for food. My body craves a new feed I cannot understand. I’ll stay in this church and graze for instinct.


July…

Thoughts of the sky stimulate me. That night my wings erected to orgastic bliss and I soared once more. I flew wildly and ventured to the moon. There I listened to a cosmic symphony till dawn shed back on earth…


July…

I rest on a hard floor in the room of a new house wherein I fell. I stand up now and shake the rubble off myself. I look about my surrounding. A television subsists here. Television - an electric box that summons moving images. Or so I remember… I’ll switch it to life and see…

A woman being materializes on the flat surface:

“Dozens claim to have witnessed the UFO sightings in June town. We received recorded footage of the aerial phenomenon people described as a shinny egg-shaped craft.”

An egg-shaped craft? Surely not me… But in the skies of June town I flew. That I did…

“As you can see the hazy entity soars over the school to the North of town and right there! It ascends in the clouds! It looks like a metal ship.”

Metal ship? That’s a flying being with wings. Can they not see me? My human-like figure? The colossal wings? It’s so clear.


July…

The craving for foreign nourishment is now maddening and it ceases my ability to fly. I gradually walk in the secluded East of town.  No one is here to see me. Whatever I am.   

I need to satisfy this urge but with what? I can’t help myself but wait for an answer.


July…

A 4-wheeled machinery I remember as a car strolls by my side. I stop. It stops.

Two beings depart from it. Their suits are white and radiant as me but no wings. For some reason I can’t distinguish their gender.

“1963 Chevrolet Impala. Fantastic human creation she is - made for us by Him and ecological safe He made her. We used to travel on Griffins whereof they grew to be outdated .” I can’t make out which one of them spoke but just a mannish tone.

“Forgive our lateness, Angelo...”  Says a gentle woman voice that can disarm evil itself.

“What are you?” I incite to question them.

“From the Kingdom of Lord and Divine Realm we are recruiters of divinity.” The gentle voice answers. And at that I assumed to understand but I don’t.

“Them who die we resurrect into Angels for the greater growth of the Divine Realm. Ye thyself have been endowed with spiritual attributes.” 

I was raised from the dead. I understand. But now another worry weights my mind…

“What happened to Bill? I feel as if I lost him.”

“It may seem but the sense for thee is not yet clear. Two parallel souls are united and become one Angelo. For this reason you are part Bill. Your other half is one more spirit.”

"I see..." My other half; Julia the woman from that night... She was with me all along. We're now binding into one...

“And now the craving. How does one satisfy it?"

“Because of it you cannot rise. A strong Angelo is comprised of many souls. Do you understand?”

“Yes.” I reply.

“We are assured and know that thou will flourish. Now take this manual from which you will get knowledge.” They toss a black handbook unto me and Julia. We grasp it and read the cover. “Angelo: A Guide to Divinity”. The title is made of color human eyes can’t perceive. Marvelous.

“Don’t bother thou if a human sees the book. To them thee shows as “War and Peace”. The earthly world makes us appear in abstract fashion.” Of course. That explains the UFO sighting… 


July…

I open the book:

A Brief History

Early 19th century – Evil polluted the Earthly World and they have filled the beauty of thee with Industrial Revolution.

Spiritual passage to The Divine Realm was pure till pollution wafted in it. By multitude of evil they have obstructed the gateways, and thus human spirits hinder the Earthly World.

1992 - The Elysian Act known by humans as” Kyoto Protocol”  was  established by the Godly Summit, held in the Divine Kingdom. The treaty is created for thou to perish evil’s smog from the golden gates and cease weaken of thy Divine Nation.

Human spirits continue to dispel in the Earthly World. Angelo Recruiters are appointed to resurrect the dead into Divinities for each to nourish on 1000 lost spirits; ascend into heaven, and cast thee 1000 human spirits in the Divine Realm, that they may aid the greater growth of our kingdom.
© Copyright 2009 VirgilD (virgild at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514441-Project-Wings