*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514841-Perfect-Quiet
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Personal · #1514841
Perfect days stay with you forever.
The sunwas warm on my skin. Laying next to me was the greatest man I'd ever known. He had been mine but he wasn't anymore. That was ok. Being friends was good. Laying in the middle of the yard drying off after our walk through the creek, we were content. Both extremely aware of everything that had gone on between us. The fights, the love, the words of encouragement, the words of hate. We knew where we had been together. We knew where we were now. Where we were going we had no idea. Cold water dried off our skin leaving nothing but perfect happiness. Quiet settled in between us. We were lost in our own thoughts. Totally separate, but completely entwined. Both wondering what the other was thinking, but the quiet was too perfect to interrupt. I was consciously aware of his body next to mine. Not touching, but a closeness that can be sensed. We waited for the other person to say something. But we didn't. The quiet was too perfect.
© Copyright 2009 Katie Doyle (doydle24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514841-Perfect-Quiet