*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514920-Unchanged
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Marie
Rated: E · Fiction · Young Adult · #1514920
Sham ; a wanderer of the Realms, a mere human, is about to have his life changed.
Please tell me what you think ! ^_^
*NOTE; When you see that this ~ it means that it's going to a character's POV or Third Person POV.

         Sham collected his belongings and started off once again. He heard waves crashing on the shore, and decided to stroll along the beach. He came across large rocks, some smooth, and some ragged. The wind blew softly in his face. His moment of peace was shattered when he heard a distressed groan come from the rocks. He leaned over to get a closer look. There, sprawled on the rocks was a girl. She was beautiful. Her long dark hair fell to her waist, shining purple in the sun. Her eyes were closed and her face had cuts on them. Even though she was all tattered up, she was insanely beautiful. Her hand reached out towards him, as if she knew he were there. "Help me." Her voice was weak, and barely audible. Just a whisper in the wind. He bent down and picked her weightless body off the rocks.
          ~My home was being burned down, with a strange blue light. Not at all the normal red of fire I usually see. The buildings in Atlantis were crumbling under the water, as if the pressure just now got to it. Someone was destroying our city! Yet when no one believed my warnings, they didn't listen to them. I told them of strange things, and how they would come to destory us. Some people believed, and some thought I was going crazy for attention, because father never gave me enough. My family was long gone now. At least they believed me for once. I chose not to follow them. I went my own way, only to be welcomed by the ripping waves throwing themselves at the shore. A tidal wave carried me onto the sharp ragged rocks. I lay there for about two hours, and I see him. He was lovely. Oh so lovely. His face was that of a baby's, with his large almond colored eyes. His lips were perfectly curved, and round. His ripped jeans were slightly dirty with dirt stains here and there. His white shirt showed off his perfect stone muscles. They shone in the sun as well as the rest of his tanned skin. His hair was wavy and tousled, as brown as his almond colored eyes. Though, I never opened my eyes, I still saw him. I reached out my hand for help, and he replied with picking me up. Then the blanket of blackness fell over me.
          ~I looked over at the sleeping girl. She was too pretty. I've come across many girls, but never like her. She was probably my age. She stirred, and groaned uneasily through her strange dreams. She also mumbled things about Atlantis. I looked at her feet. They were paler then her. The cold air whipped at my face, trying to get me to break. My jacket was wrapped around my shoulders, and the girl was warm underneath my quilt. I put the pile of clothes right next to her, for the morning. She flushed a pretty pink, and you could tell she was snug and warm. I smiled. I then leaned my head against the log and doze off into a cool sleep.
When I awoke hours later, she was near the fire warming her hands. The air smelled of shrimp, and meat. She smiled at me shyly. "I made shrimp and deer." She said, smiling once again. Her eyes were the lightest of blue, like the blue sky. Aquamarine was the color. She was quiet when she spoke. Her voice was like small bells chiming perfectly together. "I'm from Atlantis. May I ask what is your name, my dear hero? My name is Aqua." Aqua, huh? Figures. "Sham." I said simply. She didn't look suprised. Just pleased. So she's from the Mermaid realm? She offered me food, and I gratefully accepted it. "It looks to me as if you haven't eaten in awhile." She said, studying me. I grinned and slowed down on my eating. She handed me a cup of fresh water. "What realm are you from?" She asked casually. I knew why she was asking. To see whether or not I should be alive to her kind. "Mortal." I said indifferently. Now this suprised her. "Mortal? As in human?? But you're far too beautiful to be human!" She blurted out. Then her small hands covered her mouth, embarrassed. "Sorry. I've never really been outside of my own realm. So don't mind me." She said with a smile. She was getting much more comfortable with me. "What brang you to discover me? Why did you help me? Where are you off to next?" Her questions came quickly, and every spark of interest was in her beautiful eyes. "I found you because the sea compelled me. I helped you because you looked like you could use the help. All you had wrapped around you was a blanket for pete sake's. I'm off to the Vampire realm." I told her. She nodded and looked down at her new clothes. She was wearing a long white skirt, and had on white sandals. Her brown shirt showed off her stomach very well. Her stomach had a tattoo of a sun around her belly button. She also wore a golden necklace that matched her tattoo. She smiled appreciatavely. "Thank you for the clothes. May I ask where you got these clothes?" I grinned and said, "Stole it. Troll Market. I knew I would need them some day." She smiled sternly and looked off into the woods. "What happened? How did you get thrown over the rocks like that?" She sighed, and began her tragic story. She told me of the people who destroyed her home. "So, thank you for helping me, dear Sham. I guess I'll be on my way in search of a new home. Till we meet again..." She trailed off sadly. She stood up and made her way back towards the ocean. She doesn't have anyone Shammy boy. My thoughts argued with eachother. Leave her alone, she'll be fine. You know what that feels like, don't you Sham? I slammed the quilt down and chased after her. She was standing there looking out at the water. "You don't have to. Really, I'll be fine." She said quietly. I gently put my hand on her shoulder, and pulled her back softly. "Come on. You need me just as much as I need you." I told her. She knew I was right because she gave a sigh of defeat. "I guess your right. A weirdo and a theif. What a great combination." She smiled. I chuckled and said, "Consider me, Robin Hood." She laughed happily as we headed back to the campsite. "How do we get to the Vampire Realm?" She asked uneasily. I guess she doesn't like the sound of bloodsuckers around her. "Well, we have shopping to do, and maybe we can find a place to stay for awhile." She nodded and helped me pack things up. She was suprised everything fit in the small pack. "I bought the pack in the Phairie Realm, because anything and everything could fit in here." She nodded and slung the bag over her back. It was weightless. Then we set off to the Vampire Realm.
          ***
          ~The smell of blood in his veins intrigued her. His blood was pumping in his veins, the peaceful rhythemic pumping was like music. He was with another person, a girl. She wasn't as human though. She was something else. Something more. She watched them as they walked side by side, chatting low and happily. They smiled often, and obviously enjoyed eachothers company. She wanted to take him right then and there. Just rip his flesh off and tear away the juicy muscles on his strong arm. He was beautiful, so it made it even better. Maybe she should savor him, torture that beautiful face. She considered doing it, but prefered a more civil approach. She leaped to another tree to observe them closer...
          ~I felt as though someone was somehow watching us. I looked around me, and I asked Sham if he felt it too. "They could be watching us. Or we're paranoid." He said, a smile playing at the edges of his lips. Watching us. My hand balanced on the tree while I stepped over a large log. The tree sent a jolt of electricity through me, and my mind reeled back and forth. Blood. Lust. Bloodlust. Danger. She wants to kill him. Evil. She's apart of me. My reflection. I've got to warn him, got to push him out of the way. She's going to attack. Sham helped me over the log and we both started walking. Now. I pushed Sham forward, and he fell to the floor, his eyes bewildered. Just at that moment, someone leaped out from the tree, and tackled me to the floor, her eyes black with hunger. Her sharp teeth snapped out at me, her wild snarling was angry. Her body was lifted off mine, and Sham held her against the tree, her teeth snapping wildy. "Back down!" He sneered aggressively. He could pass for a vampire. His strange anger and intensity made the girl stop. She stared at me, shocked. Sham looked at me at the same time. Her, me, her, me. Both of them had bewildered expressions on their faces. Yet I actually took a second to look at the girls' face. It looked so familiar. But from where? It was as if I were staring into some strange reflection. A reflection of myself. What's going on here?

Well that's just the beggining ^_^ !
If you liked this, Rate & Let me know so I can add the other parts "D
© Copyright 2009 Marie (addiction224 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514920-Unchanged