*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515364-Who-Needs-Religion
by Walrus
Rated: 18+ · Other · Personal · #1515364
You can’t have a Christian teaching religion studies.
It didn’t feel good ripping his religion apart, but it had to be done; you just cant get a Christian to teach religious studies. If a teacher attempts to force his rhetoric into a pupil, someone should be there to teach the pupil to question it. However the head teacher didn’t see it that way.

“Mr Jones should not have to put up with that sort of abuse.” The red faced head master scolds me from other side of his big desk.

“But sir, all I said was that the Bible was a book of fairy tales. You can’t have a Christian teaching religion studies, it's like having an animal teach biology!” I said.

“You called it a second rate storybook?” he asked.

“Well yes,” I said.

“And you asked when we will get around to teaching aesop's fables?”

“Yes, Sir I think they are much better,” I said.

“And you called Christianity an, out dated system that has lost all credibility and respect with anyone with a speck of intelligence? ” the head teacher was becoming more and more angry.

“Yup” I guess I didn’t sound sincere.

“And you think that’s fine?"

“Sir, you should hear the way he went on about the Bible, he really believed the stories sir! He believed that Noah rounded up at least two of every animal! I think you should have him committed, what a nutter!”

“Young man, I won’t have you talk that way about my staff.

“Sorry Sir, but he just wasn’t fit to teach anyone, anyone who is sure of anything that’s not backed by evidence is a moron.” I said

The headmaster looked even angrier than I thought possible. I could see this was an argument I was never going to win.

© Copyright 2009 Walrus (walrus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515364-Who-Needs-Religion