*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515685-Bears-Do-Dance
Rated: E · Poetry · Children's · #1515685
A child's fantasy and great imagination.
The moon was full and bright, illuminating the house in the night.
All was quiet in the house. Everyone was asleep and hushed as a mouse.

Around the corner and down the hall, a sound could be heard through it all.
A sound of tiny stomping feet. A noise that made Janie wake from her sleep.

She walked down the hall to the playroom and stood outside listening in the gloom.
She opened the door and to her surprise, there were 100 teddy bears dancing inside!

Some danced on shelves and on the floor while others danced the fox trot, the polka and more. Those bears they danced the ramba and waltz and even line danced on the toybox.

Some bears danced the two step, while others did an arabesque.
Some performed jazz and tap, while others quietly sat and clapped.

Oh yes those bears, they did have fun. So much their happy faces glowed.
Janie continued to watch, not wanting them to stop.

The bears finally sat back in their places.
Janie went back to bed without a peep.
She lay there thinking with a smile of many more nights with a full moon and no sleep.
© Copyright 2009 yellowrose (sherib at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515685-Bears-Do-Dance