*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1516196-Lesson-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1516196
Lesson 1 assignment
Hello all. I apologize for my lateness in posting. I have to confess when I saw how active everyone was at first I was pretty intimidated - still am. How did I arrive here? Well, I've been writing since I was a kid - my first story was "Tommy and the Dragon Devil." My mom still has it - she's my biggest fan. I ended up in journalism because I didn't want to be a poor writer - low and behold I didn't strike it rich in journalism either. I have always tried to write fiction - even had one story published. But there's so much I don't know. I really needed a structured program so that I can at least begin to find my way. My future plans include continuing to write, see what stories come out of me and see where it leads. My favorite reading changes according to the seasons. In the summer I like to read popular series that are fun - like Twilight and Harry Potter. During the winter I like snuggling up with other types of books - whatever catches my eye. Last winter it was Tolstoy and Russo. This year it's nonfiction. My strengths include visualizing stories. My weaknesses are not finishing a story and not being able to transition (from one day to another, from room to room etc.). I look forward to some great work from everyone and to learning as much as I can.
© Copyright 2009 inform1 (informavore at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1516196-Lesson-1