*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1516766-The-Demoness
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1516766
I did this for Halloween Last Year. Enjoy. Refers to Dead Kid's Hill.
        Johnny was feeling lucky.  He could feel the electricity between Monique and himself, and he just knew that he was going to get lucky.  They’d go visit his mom a bit, make him look all nice and sensitive, then they’d head home and he’d show her the bed.  He’d be charming and sweet, and funny.  It had worked before, and he knew it would work again.  Just like it would work tomorrow with someone else.  He was just that lucky.
         As he drove by with Monique in the passenger seat of his red convertible, he decided to take the long way.  This would give him a chance to talk to Monique, work his magic a little faster.  Maybe he could avoid with meeting his mother for once.
         Monique was a strange one.  She wasn’t like the other girls who fussed about their hair or The Notebook.  She almost seemed to want it as bad as he did.  That made it easy.  However, despite the clear chemistry working between them, another topic kept coming up.  Horror.
         Monique seemed to love anything scary.  Cheap horror movies, those Halloween themed rides at amusement parks, urban legends, anything.  Johnny couldn’t say he quite understood it.  He preferred scaring people rather than being scared.  But, he feigned interest.  If it got him into those nice tight pants of hers, he’d be interested in anything she had to talk about.
         That’s when he remembered something.  He remembered the Demoness.  Monique was telling some story about a kid who haunted a tree.  “…And then he eats ‘em!  HAHAHAHA!” she finished.  Johnny pretended to be hiding his fear (difficult to do, but worth mastering).  “That’s not bad”, he said.  “But it’s no Harriet Tate.”
         “And who’s Harriet Tate?”  Monique had a little glimmer in her eye.
         “Old legend from my town.”  Johnny cleared his throat and put on a deep, scary voice (think a less classy Vincent Price).
“Beware the smile of Harriet Tate, or she might take for a date.
“And drive you down a deep dark path, where no one can here her laugh.
“She might seem kindly, and have beauty unsurpassed, but if you wait, you’ll see it won’t last.
“And once you see her form change, it might make you go deranged.
“And if you cannot get away, she will eat you, and leave no remains.”
         By the end of the story, Monique was shivering.  “That’s pretty scary.”
         “Yeah, I used to think so.”  Johnny replied.  He ran a hand through his hair to show how cool he was.
         “But you want to see something really scary?”
         Johnny turned, and he saw the mischievous grin on her face.  “She wants it” he thought, “She really wants it!”  But he played it cool.  “Can’t be that scary”.
         “Bet you it’s scarier than anything you’ve ever see.”
         “Alright your on”.
         “Pull over there”, Monique commanded.
         Johnny drove down the deep, dark path, just like she said.  Eventually, she guided him to a grove.  Strange, it wasn’t foggy earlier.  Monique turned away from him for a second.  Johnny wondered what she was doing.  Then she turned back around.  It was the scariest thing Johnny had ever seen.  Johnny would never be able to describe it no matter how much time you gave him.  He couldn’t scream, couldn’t move, and couldn’t take his eyes off of Monique.  Or, should he say Harriet Tate.  But in a moment, he never was able to say anything again.
         
         Harriet drove her new red convertible down the road.  “How could he fall for a name like Monique?  I’m not even African-American.”  She pondered what name she would pick next time.  It would probably work anyway.  She was just lucky like that. 
        She passed by a house and saw an old woman stare at her, looking most confused.  The woman could’ve sworn that was her son’s car.  But she’d never met the driver.  She would have to tell her son and his girlfriend about that when they came.  Where were they anyhow?

© Copyright 2009 The Laughing Man (laughingman19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1516766-The-Demoness