*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1516922-A-Mermaids-Dream
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1516922
A mermaid's life seems beautiful, but can turn into a muck
It was a beautiful day in Southern Southwestica. Mary Mayflower awoke from her long slumber of the night. Her parents were awaiting her presences at the "Anual Mermaid Formal Ball".
Mary looked at her shell clock from her glimmering nightstand. She read aloud to herself, "Nine o' five. I have plenty of time for the ball." She swam into her washroom and looked in her jewel mirror. Mary jumped when she saw her sleepy eyes. She cupped her hand in the 'air' and swoshed it toward her face. Mary was now glimmering with beauty.
She left the washroom and swam into her swim-in closet. Mary admired her new bajewled, shimmering dress. She took it off the hanger and stood in fron the mirror, holding it up to her. It looked just perfect with her shiny, long, orange hair, green smoothe tail, small figure and fare skin. Her imagination ran wild with excitment.
The shell phone rang. The flopped on her bed and answered, "Ello! Princess Mary Mayflower speakeing."
"Princess?? Where did we get this information?" said her best friend Gina, she was the Goveners's daughter.
"Well, as you know, today my father (a.k.a the king!) is crowing me today for my lady-like behaivor."
"Congrats mer! Sorry I can't make it."
"It's fine, I got to go to the beauty parlor. TTYL" Mary hung up the phone.
She turned on her new radio/CD player. Her favorite song came on the radio. Mary knew that today was going to be her day. She hung up the dress and picked out her mid-day outfit before the ball.
Mary swam around town looking for the nearest beauty parlor. The nearest one was 4 blocks away, just her luck. "Beauty ForEver" she read aloud. She swam in and saw that only 2 people were there. At least there woudn't be any line...
"Hello?" she said.The girls looked over and screached. "IT'S THE KING'S DAUGHTER!" they yelled.
© Copyright 2009 Jennifer (superwriter21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1516922-A-Mermaids-Dream