*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517297-Love-in-the-Heart-of-Lonliness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lulu
Rated: · Other · Other · #1517297
--------------------------------------------------
They trudged on amongst the sands, their figures almost lost against never ending desert. The eternal bleakness of the rocks, the barrenness of the land, the foreboding mountains looming tall over the horizon. Such feats were not possible on distant planet Earth.

A wind spewed up, catching red dust and throwing it all around them, but still they trudged on, slowly, encapsulated in their space suits. Eventually, the storm fell, the sky cleared, revealing an almighty canyon stretching endlessly along the ground, a great wound on the face of the dry withered planet.

They desolation was unbearable, the barrenness without compare. Before them seemed stretched out all of Mars, bleak, empty. In this place they were completely alone.

They turned to each other, those two stranded fragments of life, and within their suits of polythene and masks of glass, each smiled, because even forgotten out here, they had each other.

They locked hands and then continued.

© Copyright 2009 Lulu (dan17891 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517297-Love-in-the-Heart-of-Lonliness