*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517895-Write-to-be-Free
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1517895
About writing as a release

Writing gives you the freedom to tell people what you really think of them without the associated guilt of expressing your passion with your tongue. If more people wrote about how they felt until all the negativity was dissipated, there might be less violence. I try to write daily so I can keep things in proper perspective and analyze what I may be obsessing about.

Writing is obviously cheaper than a psychiatrist although it can not prescribe drugs. Who needs the medications anyway?

The reason why so many people avoid composition is because it forces thinking. These people avoid thinking whenever possible because it is associated with work. But writing can lead to a better understanding of self and the world around you. It can even give you a better life.

I write when nobody else will listen. There is no rejection from the page and it does not talk back or criticize your thoughts. If anything, writing can be your best friend when there are no friends to be found. It seems lonesome at first, but then my mind takes off into the sky to take me anywhere I want to go. I can take a short trip to a neighboring town or just invent one and people it with diverse denizens who drive the story to its conclusion.

If everybody only knew what they were missing by not writing. The boredom that leads people to commit crimes is inexcusable. "I had nothing better to do?" That is a sham. There is always creativity derived from writing and a proper place to occupy your itching hands. I dig with writing and dig as deep as I can go in search of lost things.

There are always those time constraints that life puts in the writer's way. You want to continue writing and see what transpires next intoxicated by the rush the pusher creation injects into your veins. But it is time for work, to go to a job you probably hate. It is just for ten hours or so and there are breaks in between to write a few more words. Though your co-workers think you are antisocial, who cares?

I don't write with the anticipation of gaining fame or money. I write for the art involved in language, of saying things the best I can. Here you can gage how your writing is perceived by others. It is a wonderful thing to have a place to publish your writing and get feedback. I love feedback because it spurs me to be a better writer. I may never make a living from writing, but at least there is a place to express myself and possibly help others as a result.

Write to be free!
© Copyright 2009 Eric Red Castleworth (spiderwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517895-Write-to-be-Free