*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517938-Family
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Prose · Family · #1517938
Family is so important, it is time we make it more important to our future.
Family

Jealousy, envy, pride, haughtiness are not words that should describe family.  Unfortunately in our society of me first, it usually does.  My kids are better than your kids, my house is better than your house, my car is better than yours, my man is better than yours, these should not be phrases in our thoughts or on our tongues.  If you see me fall you are suppose to help me up not tear me down or talk about me to other family members to make yourself feel better.  How Christian is that?  What would Jesus do?  Is a slogan slung around on pens and bumper stickers, but what would He do or say?  If he saw his brother doing badly would he call his cousin and say did you see her kids they were filthy and dirty?  If he saw you do something to your child that wasn't right would he tell you?  If he saw you in a bad relationship would he just stand by and let it happen? 

Our families are being torn apart by us, simply put.  We value ourselves more than we value our family, their children or their children's children.  We need to stop thinking we are better than our sisters or brothers or cousins or aunts and uncles.  If one of us falls all of us should be rushing to help pick that person up and get them back on the right path.  Not gossiping about the misfortunes of the very people that we share a blood line with.  If you can't count on your family who can you count on?  I never thought I would see the day when money, cars or men could destroy our families.  It goes on everyday and I am tired of it.  I am starting with my own family.  I want to heal us as a whole.  I know it won't be easy, but it starts with a conversation.  We can't all be right or we won't all live our lives the same way.  God made us unique for a reason; we all bring something different to the table.  Understand and learn the differences, appreciate them and the people that come with them but stop all the fussing and fighting and name calling.  If we don't get back to the village and we all help with rising this new generation, what will we teach them?  I love my family, all of them, with all of their faults and differences.  I see something special in all of them that God gave them even if they don't always see it themselves.  I am not perfect and never claimed to be.  I realize we all make mistakes.  We try to do the best we can with what we know and hopefully we continue to learn so that we can be better people.  Wake up black people!  We no longer need the Klan or gangs or drugs to destroy our family we do it ourselves everyday with the words we say and the actions we display.  Proverbs 19:25 says, "If you beat an arrogant man, the simple learn a lesson, if you rebuke an intelligent man, he gains knowledge."  Matt 15:11 says, "Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man."  Prov 20:7 says, when a man walks in integrity and justice, happy are his children after him.  Prov 17:14 says, "The start of strife is like the opening of a dam; therefore, check a quarrel before it begins."  Romans 15:5 says, " Now may the God who gives the power of patient endurance and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus."

I love you all!  May God bless the readers, hearers and doers of His Word!  Amen.



© Copyright 2009 stephmadd (stephmadd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517938-Family