*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518390-15-for-15-Jan-21-prompt
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Avriel
Rated: · Other · Other · #1518390
another 15 for 15 entry, the prompt was a bombed ruin with people
"How can you watch that?" I asked, gagging, as images of destruction and death popped up on the screen. Michael shrugged and grabbed another handful of popcorn.
"It's not real, Emma. It's just a video."
"It was real, Mike. These things actually happened. It's our history. You shouldn't listen to those fabricated 'Proffessors' on the podcast." He rolled his eyes.
"Get over it, Em. This whole 'the government is brainwashing people' conspiracy theory of yours is getting old. No one believes you."
"It's not a theory!" I snapped, switching off the screen till he turned to me in protest. "The podcompany is rewriting history! They're changing the earth by changing people's memories. It's just like the old Churches used to do, destroying any documents that had pagan lore." He snatched at the remote irritated. I yanked it away, and he glared at me.
"Ok, einstien, why would they do that, hmmmm? It's pointless and the government has more important things to do. Like locking up loonies like you, for starters." He added.
"Sure, start up tyranny all over again. Get rid of anyone who has different ideas." I gave up in frustration. "But think about this, Michael. Where did Einstien come from? Do you remember? Or has it dissappered?" I tossed him back the remote and strode off. Before I left, I heard him mumble to himself.
"Einstein's the podcast creator. He started the corporation, everyone knows that."
© Copyright 2009 Avriel (avriel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518390-15-for-15-Jan-21-prompt