*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518762-Inquisition
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1518762
Will you play this broken guitar?
Will you take this broken doll? Left behind for something new.
What was once a favorite now lays beside a dirty shoe.
My leg is missing and my face is worn.
The tattered dress i wear is torn.
But, if you hold me close and tight, comfort I'll give, a friend in the night.

Will you play this broken guitar? Holding up the wall, i've been replaced.
By a newer model with a shiny face.
A string is missing and i'm a bit off key.
Weathered wood is all you see.
But, if you take the time to hear, there's a pretty song for you my dear.

Will you buy this deserted house? Abandoned and forgotten, I've been passed by. Waiting for that one enduring eye.
There's a hole in the roof and the windows have cracks.
The foundation is unsteady and the floor stained black.
But, if you'll blow off the dust, I'll be a place of shelter and trust.

Will you take the time? Will you lend a patient hand?
Will you lift me up and help me stand?
Will you look beneath the damage and see?
Will you gaze past the mess and wait for me?
A promise I will make to you; I will be worth your time.
It's true.
© Copyright 2009 seventeenlines (se7enteen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518762-Inquisition