*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518812-The-army-of-the-Mutants
by jomos
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1518812
three children find out that the sewers are a dangerous place.
One stormy night in New York City there was a giant railway bridge with a freight train going along it. The train was carrying loads of radioactive barrels. One was not hooked on properly and started to shake side to side. The vibration of the track shook the bolts loose and it nearly fell off. Another train flew past on the other side and the wind blew it off. Down it fell and eventually it fell into a sewer hole. It landed on the rocky ground and smashed open. Out came a spongy liquid onto the floor. A rat came around the corner and drank some. It started trembling and wobbling left to right in a dizzy way. It started shaking and growing bigger. Then it grew extra arms and legs, extra heads and loads of tails. The rat ran off round the corner and jumped into some water.

Meanwhile in a small town there were two boys and one girl who were brothers and sister. One boy was called Joe who was quite funny, skinny and 10 years old. One boy was called Dan who was quite silly, naughty and 15 years old. The girl was called Sharon who was quite friendly, a coward and 12 years old. They were at a bus stop waiting for a bus as they had just been shopping for their mum and dad. They were in a small town with chip shops, Tesco’s, pet shops and much more and Joe had just brought a lizard called Henry from the pet shop nearby. Then the bus pulled up so they gathered all their things and got in. 20 minutes later the bus arrived in the city they lived in so they got all their things and got out. It was 10 minutes to their house and they had to go through the city to get there. “I don’t want to go yet. Can’t we go into the sewer again” said Joe. “Ok” said Dan and Sharon. They got to the sewer and were about to go in when suddenly a giant tentacle came out along with hundreds of tiny ones. “Aghhhhhhhhhh!!!!” screamed Dan, Joe and Sharon. The tentacle grabbed them and tried to pull them in. They struggled and struggled but could not break free. Eventually they gave up and they got pulled in. It was a giant rat the size of a car with tentacles coming out of its body. “This is the end” said Joe. “Shhhhhh!!!!” said Dan I may have a plan. The giant rat was holding them in its tentacles and just as they were nearly dead Dan found a lighter and 2 fire crackers in his pocket. He lit them both and threw them into its ear. “Hold your ears” said Dan. The crackers went off and they were so loud that they deafened the rat. They broke free and climbed back up. Then Joe realised his lizard called Henry had gone. He looked down and saw Henry scamper down the sewer path. “We have to go and get him” said Joe. “It’s too late he is gone “said Dan and Sharon. They ran to the nearest police station to tell the police. They got into the police station door and told a policeman all what happened. A squad of policemen went to the sewer hole and they all jumped in. “There is nothing here” said one of the policemen but they continued to look. They saw a small rat come round the corner. Its tail was connected to something round the corner. A policeman went to look at the rat when suddenly a man ran towards them with 8 arms and 4 legs. The policeman shot at the man but he kept missing. The man stopped running and said “join us or face a horrible death”. “Join what” said Dan. “The army of the mutants” he said. “And what if we don’t” said the policeman. “You will be eaten alive by our leader”. The rat ran round the corner to where its tail lead to. “Now I shall kill you” said the man. The policeman fired and hit the man. The man closed his eyes and fell into the water. Suddenly a giant tentacle came round the corner. “Fire” said the policeman. They fired at it as it got closer and closer. The tentacle snapped a policeman’s neck along with killing 3 more policemen. They all ran towards the ladder that took them out of there. The last policeman ran with them and climbed up to surface but the tentacle came out of the sewer and dragged the policeman back in.”Aghhhhh” he yelled as he was being dragged into the darkness. They ran into the bushes to hide when they saw a hobo looking at them. “Scary isn’t it” said the hobo. “What do you mean” said Dan.” I have seen all that before” said the hobo.” Really” said Dan. “That rat is not the big boss. It is just a new mutated creature. The real ones live far within the sewer and will kill anyone that goes near”. “How do you know” said Sharon.” I have seen a more dangerous liquid pour into that sewer before and have turned hundreds of people into mutants. If you like I could come and help you kill it “said the hobo.” With what” said Dan “I like to hide a few guns down by the abandoned railway line” said the hobo.” Let’s go kill it then” said Dan.” Ok” said the hobo.

They went to get the weapons then went to the sewer hole again. The hobo gave Joe a pistol, Sharon a rifle and Dan a machine gun. “I know a way in where it won’t be expecting us” said the hobo. They went down to the underground railway. “By the way my name is James” said the hobo.” We have to wait for a train so it can take us to where we need to go” said James. 5 minutes later the train arrived. “Get in” said James. They hid their guns under their tops and climbed aboard. “When we get there we need to go in a small door to the right which should take us to the longest part of the sewer”. The train departed with a loud screech to the wheels. “I’m really scared “said Sharon. “Don’t be afraid we will kick its butt “said Dan. The train arrived 10 minutes later. They got off and went into the door on the right. It was dark and scary in there and really quiet. There was a massive hole in the wall next to them with giant tentacles coming out of it.” Shhhhhhhhh. I don’t think it notices us yet” said James in a whisper. Sharon tripped over and screamed. “Fire!!!!!” said James. The giant rat saw them and lashed out its tentacles. They fired and fired and it had no effect. “Aim for the head!!!!!!” yelled James. The rat was getting weaker and weaker. It seemed to have harder skin and it was hard for them to kill it. James had some dynamite in his pocket. He lit one and threw it. The dynamite landed next to it.” Hold your ears and cover yourselves” said James. BANG!!!!!!!!! The ground fell down underneath the rat and it fell into some mud. The mud was sloppy and wet and the rat sunk into it. “Good work” said James. “Can we go now” said Joe. Just as James was going to speak the ground fell in a little more and James got stuck in the mud. They tried to pull him out but it was no use.” Don’t worry about me. You must kill the mutants on your own “said James.” We need you. There must be another way to pull you out” said Dan.” I’m sorry lad but this is the end for me. You must kill them yourselves” said James.” But where” said Joe.” Go to the end of the line then go behind the buffers into a door” said James. “Good luck” said James as his head sunk into the mud. “Come on be strong guys we can do this” said Dan. They went back to the station and waited for the next train.

The train arrived and they got on. The train was empty with not a single person on it. “That’s weird this is rush hour” said Dan. The train left the station. Suddenly all the lights went off and they heard a scream coming from the driver’s room. They kicked the door open and saw the driver being attacked by mutants. “Hey poo eaters” said Dan. The mutants looked at him. “Kill them “said one of the mutants. There were 3 mutants attacking them. Joe fired his pistol and got one in the eye. “Aghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!” yelled the mutant as he fell out the window. Dan, Joe and Sharon ran away from the driver’s part and into the carriages. The 2 mutants ran after them. Sharon fired her rifle and hit the mutant. It made a hole in his stomach. He fell to the floor and died. Dan fired his machine gun and made multiple holes in the other mutant and it also fell to the floor. The train driver was badly hurt so they went to help him. They got him off of the floor and he started driving again. “What are they” said the driver. “They are mutants from the sewer” said Joe. “How?” said the driver. “It’s a long story” said Sharon. A few minutes later the train arrived at the end of the line. Dan, Sharon and Joe got off. There was no one there. It was completely empty. They started to walk to the door when suddenly a giant tentacle flew out of the tunnel and pulled the train back in. “Help!!!!!” yelled the driver as the train was being demolished. “Looks like something’s come back for more” said Dan. The tentacle came back out and went for them. “Run!!!” yelled Sharon. The tentacle smashed down the wall. It was the giant rat again. Its tentacles grabbed Joe and pulled him towards its mouth. Suddenly all the walls crumbled and the ground shook. They heard a loud roar in the distance. They heard giant feet stomping towards them. Suddenly a giant lizard the size of a house ran at the rat and kicked it. It went smashing into a wall and the rocks fell down and crushed its bones. Slowly it died. “Is that Henry?” said Joe. Sharon and Dan had their mouths open in shock. “I take that as a yes” said Joe excitedly. Henry smashed down the wall that led to the boss mutant. They went down a long, dark and rocky alley. 2 mutants jumped out of the corner to stop them but Henry stepped on them like they weren’t even there. They slowly turned a corner and saw thousands of mutants with all sorts of disgusting things coming out of their bodies. They seemed to be worshiping a giant rock with plants coming out of it. “Shhhh” whispered Dan. A mutant heard him and told all the rest. They all went at them and Henry was kicking them away. Dan, Joe and Sharon ran off while Henry was fighting them. It seemed to be a giant coliseum they were in. They hid behind some rocks but could still see what was going on. Suddenly the rock the mutants were worshiping started to crumple and open up. All the plants that were on the rock started to expand. Something really giant and green emerged from it. Great big sharp teeth came out along with a long tongue with prickles coming out of it. It wasn’t until it opened up that they knew what it was. “ITS A GIANT FLY TRAP!!!!!!” yelled Sharon. It was the size of a double Decker bus and had no eyes. Hundreds of large vines grabbed Henry and tied him up against the wall and took the guns off Dan, Joe and Sharon. There were lots of oil drums next to the plant and Dan still had some fire crackers left in his pocket. “Wait here” said Dan. He ran out of the hiding spot towards the plant and on the way he tried to light the cracker. He lit it and threw it towards the oil. It landed inside one of the drums. BANG!!!!!!!!!

The next thing Joe knew he was sitting on the bus again. “Where back!!!” yelled Joe. “What the hell are you on about” said Dan. Joe looked out the window and saw in the distance James waving at him. He waved back not knowing what was going on. Without warning a giant tentacle came out of a bush and pulled James in. Joe realised it was no dream. Or was it..........
© Copyright 2009 jomos (jomos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518812-The-army-of-the-Mutants