*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519218-Catever-so-wise
by JudyB
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1519218
An old woman cherishes her cat
When Kamama awakened, just before dawn, she smiled to see that Mother Earth had been blanketed by a lovely cover a pure white snow. Lingering by the window, she was mesmerized by the brilliant display of sparkling gems as the sun rose slowly above her.

Aarushi, the all-white cat which had chosen this woman to befriend and care for, watched her closely. "Your eyes are so intent, my little friend. What wisdom lies within you?" Kamama uttered.

She stroked the cat's sleek body, who quickly rewarded her with it's contented purr, and then returned to the warmth of her bed after building a fire to remove the chill from the small house. Aarushi joined her, helping her to keep warm...giving the cat some extra time to do what she loved best, sleep. As the old woman began to doze, a large cat, looking much like her own little white cat, met her in a dream.

The cat's eyes were piercing. Kamama was transfixed, yet intrigued and honored as well. She felt as if the cat could see within her very soul. "You care for the animals," the large cat spoke. "In like manner, the animals will always care for you."

The old woman bowed her head in response, humbled to know her love and care for Aarushi, and all creatures, had been noticed and appreciated.

The wise, white cat continued. "The eyes of cats, in particular, are intent to see the truth. They are quick to see danger, but just as quick to see the depth of love and warmth of those who care for them. With the passage of time, however, as man's self-proclaimed wisdom has increased, the pure wisdom of the cat is often overlooked and sadly diminished."

"The power of the cat is much forgotten," he continued. "Cats always speaks with honesty and if you pay attention, you will know when danger lurks, peace reigns and visitors come.

With the sun now shining brightly through her window, the old woman awoke to find Aarushi snuggled close next to her. As she moved, the little animal woke and stretched. Looking fondly into his yellow eyes, she smiled, stroked his soft, furry body and said, "Little one, your name is a perfect fit, for truly you are the "first ray of the sun!"

Assignment 3
Word Count: 382
© Copyright 2009 JudyB (judbie46 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519218-Catever-so-wise