*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519778-Betrayal
by Allie
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1519778
This is the first Chapter of my pending and under construction book!
"You know what we have to do."

"We have to do nothing."

"Aya is going to fall. I will not stand around and let him conquer her."

"I will not risk the men of Aya to satisfy your taste for a war!'

"There will be a war whether you risk one or not."

Watcher Aleara and Watcher Nakim were in the board room of the Watchers' Tower. A great threat had grown in the world of Aya. A threat the people called the Shadow. But the Watchers of Aya knew what it really was. The Prophesy of the Vladmere Family was beginning to fulfill itself. Arion Vladmere was leading this threat and Watcher Nakim believed if they didn't stop him, he would destroy Aya

"We have to do something," Nakim said.

Before Aleara could respond, the doors to the board room opened and Watcher Eyrin entered. Both Aleara and Nakim fell silent as the Head Watcher made his way to his chair at the head of the Watchers' Table.

'Sit,' Eyrin simply said. Aleara and Nakim took their seats on either side of him. There was a moment of silence before Eyrin spoke.

"Laradryl has just been taken by the Shadow," Eyrin announced softly.

"That's why we cannot sit here and let this go unchecked," Nakim said, glaring at Aleara

"But we cannot risk our men. We know nothing about Arion and what he is capable of," Aleara said. "How do we know he does not work alone? Sending our men out there would be unnecessary death."

"But we must do something, Aleara," Eyrin said. "Our people are dying. They are looking to us for help. Our job is to protect them."

"Protecting them does not mean sending them out to attack the unknown.....unprepared!"

"No matter," Eyrin said quickly. "I did not call this meeting to discuss plans of actions, because action has already been taken." Aleara looked quickly at Eyrin.

"What?! With who's consent?"

"Mine," Eyin stated. " I have sent ten of Mirage's best warrior's to Laradryl to facce Arion." Aleara stared at Eyrin in disbelief. She stood angrily to her feet.

"How dare you make that decision on your own? This tower is ruled by three Watcher's.....not just one!" Eyrin stood to face Aleara. He glared into her dark brown eyes.

"I am the Head Watcher," Eyrin said calmly, but strongly. "Whatever decision I decide to make, it's in your best interest to support it without question!" Aleara remained standing as Eyrin, once again took his seat.

"I will not allow you to send our men to their death," Aleara said through her teeth. "I hope you're happey with the ten me you've just sentenced to death, because I guarantee they will be your last." Aleara turned abrubtly, and left the room, slamming the door behind her.

"Her insolence should be punished," Nakim growled after her. Eyrin shook his head.

"Not to worry, Nakim," he said. "It is human nature to be afraid; especially when we don't exactly what it is we are afraid of."

"But we are not just mere humans," Nakim said. "We are protectors of this world. It is times such as these that we should show strength and power. Fear is not an option. We cannot lead our people if we show fear. Aleara needs to realize that. We should not tolderate her insolence."

"Nakim, please. You must understand Aleara's position. As a woman, she feels as a mother feels. She has a mother's instincts. And such instincts want to protect before it defends. Giver her time, Nakim. Aleara will soon see it as we do."
© Copyright 2009 Allie (babygurljay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519778-Betrayal