*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519838-Hamlet-and-Ophelia-Pre-K
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #1519838
How do you suppose Ophelia treated Hamlet when she first met him?
The castle is so large here in Denmark.  I almost lost my way back from the playroom today.  There was a horrid little boy building a tower of blocks in the middle of the room.  His sandy-blond ringlets did make my baby heart skip a beat or two, but since Father and Laertes both say I am too young to have any gentlemen callers, I will insist that he is a horrid little boy like an obedient little girl should.

Although his appearance was near godlike, his behavior was rather horrid.  First, he scared me by telling me ghost stories, and then he started in on a long soliloquy as if I wasn't even there.  He used a lot of big words, but it started something like, “To obey or not to obey / That is the question. / Whether 'tis nobler to pitch a screaming fit / Or to take control of my raging emotions / And by self-control end them.”  I guess he didn't have much self-control, but as soon as he noticed me, he fixed his piercing sea-blue eyes on me and yelled, “Get thee to a nunnery!”  Well, I never!  I think I am a little young to make such an important and drastic decision.

I'll show him.  When I grow up, I'll make this horrid boy fall in love with me, and then we'll see if I can make him eat his words.
© Copyright 2009 Sherlock (sherlock85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519838-Hamlet-and-Ophelia-Pre-K