*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1520858-Inside-Her-Wrist
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #1520858
I wrote this last night, I was bored and I wanted to get an idea out into writing
She looked down at her inner-wrist, the 4 roses with their interwining stems seemed to be promising her everything would be ok. Each one symbolized something precious, a child. The white one stood for her step daughter, Angel. The dark red one, stood for her own little girl, Raven Elizabeth. She smiled thinking back on the day she told her new husband she was pregnant, how his eyes had lit up. Opposite the red rose was a black one, it was for her first son, Draven Michael. She had laughed when she found she was getting her twins, a little boy and a little girl. Becoming a mother had been a blessing and having a stepdaughter old enough to help her was even more of a blessing. Her sister had thought she was crazy for choosing this path, marrying an older man with a daughter half her age. The truth was she couldn't have chosen a different path, she loved him and could think of no better way to live her life. The last of the four roses, a small blue one nested safely below the black and red ones, stood for her youngest child. Damian Christ was her baby boy. He was 4 and reminded her so much of his father, he looked exactly like him. Damian's eyes though were very much hers, they were the same eyes she had inherited from her mother's genes. Framing the 4 roses was a pair of wings, one a raven wing and the other a purple and black angel wing. the angel wing was a constant reminder of song her husband had sent her. She listened to it all the time, always thinking of him. He called her his dark angel. The raven wing symbolized him, he was her Raven. She carried her family with her on her wrist. Sitting alone in her living room, she sent on a prayer that her family was fine. When she woke up that morning she found the house empty, a note on her bedside table saying they'd all gone out and left her to sleep in. 6 hours later she still hadn't heard from them and she started to worry. When she called her husband's cell phone it had rang from their dresser, telling her he had forgotten it again. She felt foolish worrying about them but they were her life. Tears trailed down her face as she remembered the night she had almost lost her husband. They had only been dating three months and she had just started college. One of the girls on her floor had gotten on to her computer while she had been in the bathroom and said things on her IM. He had gotten upset not realizing who was talking. When he finally calmed down and realized she hadn't been the one on, he told her he was fine and to go to the party. That night he had tried killing himself, his sister said they weren't sure if he was gonna make it. She hadn't been able to stop crying until he called her and told her he was fine. That night scared her more than anything she had ever experienced before. A second later the front door opened pulling her from her thoughts. Her family walked in, Damian ran to her the minute he saw her "MOMMY!" She laughed hugging him tightly.
© Copyright 2009 Awena Leigh Night (weirdvamp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1520858-Inside-Her-Wrist