*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1521013-Friends-Can-Bring-Inspiration
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #1521013
A conversation between chatties regarding a visual prompt contest.
"Hey Ralls, you done your 15/15 yet?"

"Nope, not yet.  But I like the pic."

"Seriously?  I don't.  I'm getting nothing from it."

"Yeah seriously.  Except I keep thinking Mary Tyler Moore, and I'm sure everyone is going to do that."

"Mary who?"

"Thanks, Sapphy.  Now not only am I lacking in inspiration, but I feel old, too."

"Lol.  Ok. . . . It makes me want to kill her.  No one should be that happy."

"You kill everyone.  You must have been thrilled with the dead monkey prompt."

"The monkey wasn't dead!  His eyes were open."

"He was dead.  You could see it in his eyes; he had no soul."

"Ralls, you are such a sucker.  Monkeys don't have souls."

"Bull, everything has a soul.  Look at the giraffe prompt and the monkey prompt and tell me the monkey isn't dead!  You can clearly see his soul has passed."

"I'm not getting into philosophy, religion crap with you in chat.  It NEVER ends well."

"You just know I'm right.  I thought the upside down guy prompt was the hardest."

"Are you kidding?  I loved that one.  It was so easy.  Much better than the lame church one."

"What church?"

"The snow one, with the church."

"That wasn't a church!  It had a weather vane on it."

"Looked like a church to me.  Oh well, it doesn't matter, I filled it with dead people."

"There's a surprise."

"Hey, you put a dead person in your castle."

"Just one, and it was justified."

"I'm getting nothing for this prompt."

"At least it's better than the damn dead monkey."

"He wasn't dead, cough cough."

"Fine, you see it your way and I see it mine.  I guess that's kinda the point of the contest."

"Ohhhhhhhh, I just got an idea for today's!"

"Hey, me too!  lol  Hope we don't have the same idea."

"Fat chance."

"I'm going to go before I forget it."

"K - good luck."

"Thanks."

"Hey Ralls, wait a sec."

"Yeah?"

"Seriously, who is Mary Tyler Moore?"

© Copyright 2009 audra_branson (abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1521013-Friends-Can-Bring-Inspiration