*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1521467-Move-Along
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1521467
Different, with the help of Jesus
I recently read an entry in the blog of a friend. In it he asked "...but are we moving on with Him?"( Meaning Jesus) This question struck a chord with me. Too often people accept Jesus into their lives and then go on as before.

At this point let me interject that I am not saying accepting Jesus means instant perfection. We are human after all. What I am saying is, with Jesus as our guide, we can move on to more Christlike behavior and thought processes. The words moving on indicate a continuing action.

In 2 Corinthians 5:17 it says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come." (Version: NIV)

When we get new things, we have to figure out how they work and just what they are capable of. We read the manual, ask someone who already has made use of that product, and if need be we might go right to the source and email the manufacturer for information. Then we put that information to use.

As a new creation we are different than we were before. The life in Christ we are embarking upon is something we may not know much about. We need to read the manual (God's Word). We need to check with others who have already started on this journey (other Christians). And most importantly, we need to keep in touch with the Source (Jesus Himself). Then, putting all that information into use, He can guide us to a new outlook on life.

I know this is possible. It is going on with me right now.
© Copyright 2009 Daizy May (daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1521467-Move-Along