*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1522757-Mistaken-Identity
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1522757
Dumbledore's Summer Break. First paragraph is from {u}Goblet of Fire{/u} by JK Rowling.
Harry had no idea where Dumbledore went during summer holidays. He amused himself for a moment, picturing Dumbledore, with his long silver beard, full length wizard's robes, and wizard's hat, stretched out on a beach somewhere, rubbing suntan lotion into his long crooked nose.

Lotion on, Albus gave a content sigh and reclined his beach chair another notch, closing his ancient eyes to the bright light of the hot Caribbean sun.

The lazy summer hours slipped by, and the Headmaster flagged down one of the hotel's workers and had them bring him a fruity Muggle drink. He sipped it as he watched the children frolic in the surf. A few minutes go by before coming aware of a tiny child, one that could not be over the age of four, staring at him from only a few feet away. Intrigued, he watched as the child tentatively came up to him, and climbed into his lap.

"I want a Barney toy." the little boy said softly.

Dumbledore gazed thoughtfully at the small boy. After a moment, it dawned on him that the child thought he was Santa.

"And what is your name, little Mug-boy?"

"Chris-fer.."

"Well Christopher, I'll see what I can do, alright?" The little boy nodded and climbed off his lap and ran towards his parents, leaving Albus to muse about the little surprises of life.
© Copyright 2009 Hot Pink Butterfly (voldoramort at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1522757-Mistaken-Identity