*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1523291-All-my-loveStevie-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Danni
Rated: E · Chapter · Personal · #1523291
All my love...Stevie. Chapter 2.
June 1946:
“Nice try baby, but its going to be yellow,” she winked, grinning, whilst painting the walls of our new cottage walls.
There she stood, looking absolutely stunning, even in overalls.
She wore her silky deep brown hair in a bun, and had yellow stripes down each of her cheeks, and was looking at me with the most perfect and trusting eyes I have ever seen. A perfect ice blue. I realised after time that Chelsea really had no flaws. She was perfection personified.
Although to this day I couldn’t figure out why I loved her, or how I still could, but it was an automatic thing. She was good, lovely, beautiful, and smart. Anyone who knew her was always automatically wrapped up into her personality, and you think I may have been jealous, but I could never be so careless, so wasteful of what was mine. This fact only made me love her more.
I’d tried to get her to change her mind on the colour of those walls. I’d wanted green, to match the forest that surrounded us. But she wanted to match the sunshine she saw above the forest, and eventually I agreed, for I always saw the sunshine in her face.
It went on for months after that I and Chelsea wrapped up in our own world, very much in love. Friends would comment on how lucky we both were. I only had one friend, my dearest friend, who disagreed on our romance altogether. He’d blank out when I mentioned her name, he’d ignore her when she smiled, he’d pretend she never entered a room. This never really bothered Chelsea, or so i'd observed, but in fact she treated him very much the same.
© Copyright 2009 Danni (dannieee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1523291-All-my-loveStevie-Chapter-2