*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524191-I-will-see-you-again
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1524191
A story about the day of my cousin's funeral.
After talking to my mother, for about six heavenly hours. I was rudely forced back to my host.

My eyes opened, awakened by the reality of another tragedy. My life have bin a world-wind of tragedies these days.

Dreams of sitting with my mother helps during these hard times. She's bin in heaven for, five hole years noun. I still have vivid images of her in every intermission of life.

After getting myself out of bed. I rushed to get myself cleaned and dressed. Anticipating that today would be a tearful day for my family.

Death brings families to gather in a sad but helpful way. The presence of love one's, makes it a little bit easier to deal with. After getting myself together. I made my way to the funeral. Wile riding down the street, I noticed two young boy's, chasing after two young girl's. It reminded me of, how Bug-z & I use to chase after Kelly, & Adon.

The little things you do in life, have the tendency to be the biggest memories you leave behind.

Family & friends are standing in different clicks, talking and shearing their personal memories of Bug-z. The site of all the people in front of the church, was a little uncomfortable. So wile looking for a parking spot. I lit the half of blunt, I had in the ash tray. Thinking of the pain, that my aunt must be feeling. Made me hesitant to see her.

So the time has come for me to see my cousin , my bro, and my partner in crime for the last time. After finding a parking spot behind my cousin White Twan's car, I got out of mine. With a sluggish walk, I proceeded to the church. As I entered the church, the moans of sorrow, and mumbles of why, filled the sanctuary. As the family lined up to view the body. The emotion of the whispers, and the smell of flowers filled the air. "Am I ready for this", I asked myself as I moved closer to the casket. Reality stared to set in. I thought to myself, I will never get to see my cousin lively host again.

When I got to the casket, I placed my right hand lightly on his chest. I leaned over and whispered into his ear.
I told him to, look for my mom, in this beautiful park, and ill see you the next time I closed my eyes.
Then I continued to my seat.

The preacher's, eulogy didn't sit well with a cousin of mine. Whose just lost her daughter to gun violence as well. She let the preacher know that she didn't agree, before storming out.

Bug-z’s wife cried, and shouted, " whose going to help me with these kids"? A respectable question, from a grieving widower. This seen is starting to look to familiar.

This was the fourth funeral, in the last 18 months. And this one being the hardest of the four. Really had my spirits down. The funeral was all most over. My clammy hands trimmered, as I thought of the many good times we had.

Instead of driven myself to the barrel. I road with a cousin of mine. I always thought that the barrel was the hardest part. On the ride to the cemetery me, Twan, Zart, and Devil all joked about how it was back in the day. We were like brothers, coming up.

As we entered the cemetery, chills ran through my body. We were about to berried another one of are fallen soldiers. The preacher gave his last words. By the time the funeral director, played Aleas, missing u record, I had already broke down. Tears drenched the creases of my face, as I tried to get myself together.

Hours latter, I’m walking through this beautiful park. I'm looking at the most unique flower I have ever seen. Then a familiar hand grab my shoulder. It was Darnell Kyte, he was by his self, though. And looked too be in a happy state of mine. But, before we got to talk, I was rudely forced back to my host.

THE END








© Copyright 2009 hillguy (pooman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524191-I-will-see-you-again